Saturday, August 08, 2009

Bridgeport, lip balm, lip shimmer, lip gloss, and PharmaCare

Finally stopped procrastinating long enough to find out where the Bridgeport bus stop is: RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET! I could have saved SOME time (maybe) that time I went to meet Billie at Richmond Sushi a few weeks ago... UGH! But forewarned is forearmed, so I can use that knowledge on Monday morning when I go to do the same thing! Then I went to London Drugs to fill my prescription: I remembered PharmaCare, so I paid less than $6.50 for stuff which would have cost $25.71 normally! The pharmacist said the possible side effects would include breast tenderness, tingly fingertips, and slight nausea - yay, hormones! :P

Spent a lot of time looking at lip balm (got Nivea Cherry Lip Care on a rounded stick, and the London Drugs Natural Beeswax), and decided not to get Burt's Bees lip shimmer - I wasn't sure if it was shimmer or gloss or what, and even the coupon didn't do much to persuade me. I remembered what Corey told me a long time ago about marketing and "deals" - this would have been "buy three at our sale price, and get one free!" and I wasn't really going to buy it anyway. But they did have champagne, "radiance," guava, fig, watermelon, cocoa, rhubarb, papaya, and other flavors! Of course, it was also $6 for one tiny little thing. *sigh*

Saw digestive biscuits with caramel; I was tempted to buy a package, but didn't. However, I did also get four 50-100-150 watt light bulbs... my only beef with those is that they're pastel, and provide a hint / nuance of pink. Oh well, I will need those in future! Got home, cleaned, packed oatmeal cookies and chili pants, and talked to Corey about basketball. Forgot about the mini packs of Kleenex, so have made a note to myself in BOLD ORANGE SHARPIE to get plenty of those the next time I do a big grocery run.


Facebook quizzes taken from Mike B., Gretchen, and Adam:

Leslie just took the "What is your combat specialization?" quiz and the result is Officer.

Leslie took the Who stares through your window at night? quiz and got the result: Creepy doll. It's watching you closely. It wants attention because it was deserted by its previous owner. (Reminds me of CORALINE...)

Leslie took the What do people say behind your back? quiz and got the result: They think you are hot. (Somehow, I don't think so...)

Leslie just completed the survey Declare Your Real Major with the result of "Economics or becoming a Shaman." You are fascinated by finance and how money works, so you can comprehend the true meaning of the universe. (WHAT?! HAHAHAHA!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home