Saturday, August 08, 2009

Bobby Singh was in the paper! / Hiding dead bodies in boxes / Dylan and Deb

Talked to Teresa about Trinity, my problem, VBS, lights, Edmond and Alysia's wedding tomorrow, CCM summer camp, the girls, working, her sister, highways, commuting / traffic, SFU, and other things. Doctor's appointment went fine... Auntie Stella apologized that I had to wait for almost an hour (and commented on my reading material of USELESS HISTORY), and Auntie Ruby said stuff about wacky hormones and things that were almost like birth control. Went home after that, found a 24 HOURS column about my old junior high classmate Bobby Singh (LIONS!), and figured that I'll get my prescription tomorrow at London Drugs since I'll have more time. (I can get mini packs of Kleenex there, too!) Called Eric (while talking briefly to Billie about stuff) and said to call me back if he wasn't lying in a ditch somewhere with two broken bones... hey, I'm morbid! He did call me back (discussing rides from Sam or Ivan), and said something about worship practice at the church before heading to Dylan's, so I guess I didn't mind another Subway meal at Superstore!

Picked me up at 6:20, and told me about a CORONATION STREET character who hid dead bodies in boxes, and put a tablecloth over it when he suddenly had guests come over. SO BRILLIANT, but Eric won't allow me to get any ideas from that! Too bad, because I can think of a few people whom I'd like to do that to... including the people whose heads I envision every time I try to slam Eric's car doors CLOSED! (most of the time, it doesn't work - Grandma is going to have a LOT of trouble with it!) Discussed my "new style" (Italian BRAVA shirt with raspberries and a fork / moderately light black pants / purple hat), Flying Wedge Pizza, Jeremy, Christon, Nathan, the townhouse dinner, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA (I neither normally watch nor participate in the show!), Andrea, my waiting for calls at night from guys (haven't done that in MONTHS!), holidays from work, games, classic lines, oatmeal, plans for next Monday and Friday (WORK!), and more.

When we got to church, I confirmed the timeline with Eric before heading to Subway to get a Veggie Delight sandwich. Also tried a Tetley Tea infusion (not bad!), and got some more ice water in my metal bottle. Read a little, and also wrote some tag prompts in order to NOT be tempted to shop. As it was, I got out of there at 7:45 or so. Sat on the stage in the fellowship hall rather than dragging a chair over to Eric / Nathan / Cordia / Isabel. Learned that Nathan hadn't eaten lunch OR dinner, and was understandably feeling VERY much like dying - Isabel and I confirmed that he looked like he was about to pass out or something!

After talking about questions and trying to find things (PENCIL CASE!), we were off to Dylan and Deb's place. Eric and I discussed codes, leet speak, messages, voicemail, noticing things, City Square Mall, numbers, addresses, slow idiot drivers, and other stuff. We got to the apartment and talked to Dylan / Deb / Vanessa / Melia / Kevin / Johnny / Nathan (who got there after actually eating something) about the Psalms, yogurt, laws, temples, grad banquet, money, the church kitchen, work, quirky books (GOD CHICK / EASTERN STANDARD TIME), Nathan needing an English wife, English slang, weddings, Barcelona, flight prices, the Harmonized Sales Tax (ugh!), Heathrow / RyanAir, and more.

Later, we answered various questions while being "interviewed" - good times! The Santa Cruz yellow lemonade reminded me of my own Santa Cruz pink raspberry lemonade at home in the fridge, but since I was full from dinner, I just had one chip without salsa. When we got outside, Nathan and Eric made plans for tomorrow - Nathan couldn't hear Eric telling him to bring his rubber chicken, so I yelled it out to him. Eric thought that could be embarrassing to yell in public, but I think that it's okay since the neighbors don't know me, and I don't know them! (besides, it's not like a sexual thing!) On the way home, Eric and I discussed plans for the next few Sundays, Grandma, mishearing things, offering, sound, worship, auctions, a certain stupid person (who JUST showed up in my email - my reaction is unprintable!!!), not closing the door properly, and more. Good times! Got home and re-found my bus pass and Care Card (among the sticker sheets), made a note to remember PHARMACARE, and talked to Corey about heads blowing up from the movie Scanners. Also determined that I should never buy Herbacin lip balm again (and I just bought it for $3!) because the stick breaks VERY easily! When I go to get my prescription, I'll get another kind of lip balm!




Poo nugget for this weekend: The First Throne - This date in 1561 marks the birthday of John Harrington, godson of Queen Elizabeth I, and (more importantly) the inventor of the modern toilet. His famous work, entitled A New Discourse upon a Stale Subject: The Metamorphosis of Ajax, included a description of the flush toilet. In an appropriate show of respect for this great man, potty-goers across the globe now refer to their toilets as "the john."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home