Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally home, with NAZI ZOMBIES! No, I don't want sticky raspberry Altoids!

Here's something from Chrissy, in honor of my tagging her as liking good music! Nazi Zombies Theme Song - Lullaby for a Dead Man + LYRICS in DESCRIPTION (Full Song)


Now I'm finally home, and I can use Firefox full-time... ah, spell-check! Of course, I have to be ever-aware of restarts, but still. Grandma said that there were too many food items around, so tried to give me an unopened box of Life crackers for entertaining (which I accepted using the wrong form of "thank you"), and a half-tin of Altoid Raspberry Sours. I thought the tin was rather sticky, and opened it up to find that the candy inside was sticky as well, so I threw the tin away in the garbage can. She thought they were "no good," which is what I'll let her think, especially since I had to wash my hands twice! The crackers are stone ground wheat, water, cracked pepper, wheat, butter, and vegetable... not too bad an assortment!

My parents got home at 2:10 or so, and it was a relief to see them. Alan came into the house to give my grandma a gift, while my mom said that Dad would give me my stuff on Sunday - fair enough! Seems Polly caught a cold, so Alan couldn't stay long. After a bit, we went to Tsim Chai for wonton mein / chicken knees / congee (and to Yaohan for takeout), leaving Grandma at home. Steph and I told them about how the last two weeks had gone, particularly yesterday with the pork and the Canada Line. THAT was a gong show, and no mistake!

Discussed new prospective places to live, money, the cruise, Erin's wedding this weekend in Ottawa, Margaret's moving to Richmond tomorrow, hanging out with Teunis tomorrow (I didn't bother to mention Jasmine since Steph doesn't know her), Grandma hijacking Eric last week, and more. Once we got to Yaohan, Steph bought us some bubble tea at Juice King: I got fresh honeydew, she got a free blueberry yogurt, and the parents got a powdered taro. (fresh taro is gross) Mom's knees and feet aren't in great shape since she had to walk a lot and navigate a bunch of stairs in Edinburgh - oh, I remember that email, all right.

We were standing around discussing food in Yaohan's food court, when someone put an arm around me. It turned out to be Auntie Grace... um, how about saying who you are, lady?! Not EVERYONE likes unwanted physical contact from behind, you know! Turns out she and Uncle Ted had just got back from Seattle, actually. On our way out, we bumped into Ryan and Karen Grace - good to see them! Got home at 4, and didn't receive any notable mail or phone calls except for 1-603-214-3346 from New Hampshire... good thing, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home