Monday, August 17, 2009

Dream of Steph, Ian, and Sean / Kangaroos, methane, and global warming

Helped my grandma water the backyard and its plants / herbs last night. Might have overwatered, but it was kinda fun, hahaha! She came downstairs at 12:30 AM to say that she couldn't sleep because she was sore, and because she forgot to put some sauce back in the fridge - oops! I'm also thinking about mushroom soup, haha. Just now, I helped her identify some Very Cherry mix - definitely not something you'd want to include in your egg noodles / ham / Chinese veggies / lettuce at lunch! She got cranky because I couldn't find her special "fancy" pair of chopsticks: any of the other pairs without the intricate design up top will work just as well for picking up your food, lady! Then when I found them among the wooden chopsticks in an entirely different drawer, she wondered where my head was. *sigh*

She did say that she was going to da-pi tomorrow, and Steph would take us out for dinner afterwards. We'll see whether Steph actually said that, since Grandma's been known to forget / confuse things! Grandma asked if Steph had any "friends" - not to my knowledge! She's also under the impression that I need more noodles since I didn't have breakfast... nope, I don't want to be too full after eating! I do believe she thinks that my breakfast and lunch are collapsed into one single meal; if I'm hungry in the afternoon, there is PLENTY of snack food here, believe me!

Had a weird dream where my sister was helping to keep order in a downtown Skytrain station, and she told us to get right on the next train and never look back. Accordingly, we did what she told us to, and then were transported to a playground where Ian and Sean were with their friends. We read to the kids and tried getting them to be quiet when the pink Bibles were the topic of discussion. Weird! Had the dream because I was viewing Ada's pictures of Sean's sixth birthday party (before I went to bed last night), and because Hannah and Hilary were comparing their "Young Women of Faith" Bibles yesterday. They're exactly the same, but one looks slightly newer than the other.


Poo nugget for Monday, August 17: Saving the Planet, One Fart at a Time - Kangaroos have stomach bacteria that eliminate methane from their intestinal gas. Scientists want to transfer these bacteria to sheep and cattle, thereby helping to combat global warming.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home