Friday, July 03, 2009

Yay for good help and messages! / Bidets and France, oh my!

High-scoring word of the night:

PASTEUP (150 points) - against Angela V. [5W]

My interest in this game is ebbing - it has nothing to do with the actions of a certain perfidious blackguard, either! (and Steve made me laugh, hahaha!)


I got what seems to be a non-scammy reply to my ad from a "Nab [Nabinder?] Gill"! "Hello, I have one bedroom basement suite available Aug 1st. Rent is $600.00 per month it includes all utilities(heat, hydro, cable), laundry and wireless internet, close to shopping centres, bus routes and entertainment centre in quite neighbourhood" Doesn't sound too bad, but I'll have to ask Barry (if he's actually IN tomorrow) if that's a good place where he can help!

I found messages from Krista and Pastor John that got lost in the shuffle of Mailer-Daemon bounce-backs, and these sound promising. Help with rides and things is always good. Billie and I are not on for Saturday because of visits on her end - it happens!


Facebook quizzes taken from Jane:

Leslie took the What's your Maturity Level? quiz and got the result: I have the Maturity Level of a 5-Year-Old. (Apparently, you get this by asking the people you like to a party, ordering orange juice at dinner (there was no "water" option), and liking to swim. Go figure. *rolleyes*)


Poo nugget for Friday, July 3: Doo You Know? - Look Ma, No Hands! - A bidet is a low sink you can sit on, common in Europe, for washing your genitalia and backside. The bidet was invented in France, probably in the seventeenth or eighteenth century. The name comes from the French word for "small horse." Bidets were originally used by cavaliers who wanted to bathe body parts in close proximity to the saddle. They remain popular throughout parts of Europe today.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home