Sunday, July 26, 2009

Focusing hardcore on LOCATION, dangling and sweeping, dinner preparation

UGH! The computer restarted right when I stepped away from it for a moment to get some frozen fruit for lunch! This morning, I finished all my Word Twist games before heading to church - this way, I can focus hardcore on the LOCATION project, if real life doesn't interfere! Also noted that Kyle had added me to Facebook, which is cool enough. Eric picked me up shortly after 9:15, and asked if I was prepared for Raymond and Randal both to be at the dinner tonight. I thought he was joking about Raymond (I knew about Randal's being there), but he said he wasn't.We also discussed other things of a random nature (Joey / bananas for breakfast / Jasmine at the dinner? / Yazmine mishearing / the Night Market!), like morons who wish to cross in the middle of a busy road, and stupid drivers.

When we got to church, I saw Wesley when I crossed the road. Nice to see him these days! Accidentally punched someone in the arm because I thought she was my sister, albeit NOT in her usual spot - oops. Then I thought Calla might be my sister since I only saw her from the back - then again, I revised that when I saw the girl was sitting right next to a guy who kinda looked like Stanford. What the heck is wrong with my vision?! I definitely saw some aunties and uncles, Emily (who I sat beside), Joey, Ivan, Jon, Harmony, Fidela, Clement, Justin, Brian, Julie, and others!

After Phil's sermon on guilt / confession, I asked Fidela what the "dangle and sweep" was all about from Erin's bachelorette dinner. She told me that it had to do with making your boobs bigger ("just sweep your area near your elbow!"), and wondered why Steph hadn't just told me when I'd asked. I said that it probably had to do with mixed company at the family dinner since it would have been kinda awkward to say that in front of Dad and Jon! Apparently, Eunice had joked that she'd try it for a month's trial! Then I saw my dad, and told Fidela that he was now 60 - her dad is hitting that mark next year, apparently! She's heading to the Dominican Republic soon, too! Said hi to Jen before heading into the fellowship hall to smile at baby Gavin. He wanted to eat his dad's bag strap, haha! Luckily, Lee got him some watermelon instead while I had some grapes and a nut cookie. Someone asked me if I'd seen Randal since they needed to tell him something - nope, but I saw him upstairs later. I figured he could find the person himself, hahaha.

Talked to Connie about what she'd done for her birthday, which she shares with her sister Jenny. She saw the Art Gallery with her sister Winnie's family, is having a family dinner, and her friends surprised her at her apartment with cake and flowers while she was taking a shower! Went outside the fellowship hall to talk to baby Allison, who was having fun because Daniel was lifting her up in the air! Said hi to Joshua and Keenan - Keenan just ran to his dad Tim, heh. Greeted Jeremy, Jon (who gave me the $10 he and Harmony owe me toward Grandma's grad banquet ticket - I might end up giving it back to him tonight for the dinner), and Harmony - if the family dinner is changed, it doesn't matter to me! Negotiated with Vanessa, who will give me the ticket when I have the money next week - makes sense, since I forgot my wallet this morning as I left for church. Since Jen was asking Nathan about ride arrangements tonight, I asked him if his car was full - it wasn't, so he can swing by and pick me up. Yes, I'm still in the same place with the rats - how unfortunate!

I also said hi to baby Noah, who looked like he wanted to go upstairs... then talked briefly to his aunt Janet who's here from Toronto. (Stella's sister) Since Sunday School started early, I went upstairs to have some actual kid interaction. Mentally counted the number of kids - the twins David and Evelyn, Charissa, Caleb, Asher, Arthur, and Amanda made seven - and was thankful that I had eight white chocolate cookies to a Ziploc bag. Talked about blue / yellow / red Lego, Ripley's Believe It Or Not! (I should let Auntie Fonda borrow one of my books!), ambidextrous people, water, "bad people," David being cute when he wanted his sister to finish her cookie RIGHT NOW (so he attempted to pack it up for her AND brought her some shoes), and more stuff. After Sunday School, Cindy asked if I'd seen Sheena - nope!

Met Eric on the stairs, who was looking for me. In the spirit of yet more random time, I told him to hang on while I told my mom (out of courtesy) that I was going home with him. Then I saw Sheena - it happened that Cindy was right behind me as I was giving her the information that she was looking for her! Got distracted by Sean reading the Walkathon poster out loud to himself - I helped him with the hard words! Later, Jon and Eric were talking about tonight's dinner, the Night Market, honeymoon photos, and stuff they needed to get - no beef, no burgers, maybe salad, probably cheese or more sophisticated beer, no mushrooms and such, etc. Mom mentioned that Steph's friend Chantel was in town - I had noted that in the email exchange. Who knows if they're coming tonight, heh - Steph apparently got only two hours' sleep! Discussed a disability tax-free savings account bond for more than $1000 a year (I should talk to Andrea's mom about that, apparently), prawns, fish, salmon steaks, and more. Made plans with Andrea to call her tomorrow instead of tonight, since I was going over to the White Man's house for the barbecue. (sounds so racist, but we're not being that way!)

Eric and I left pretty soon after that, and he said that we'd be boiled alive in the car! Joked about my MORTAL DANGER book - no, the title didn't contain DEATH / MURDER / BLOOD! Talked about evil people in general, the Granville Island scavenger hunt next Friday for Fellowship (then hanging at Nathan's), the stinking hot weather all week long, Vanessa, overbuying chips at Superstore a couple weeks back, Szechuan / General Tao chicken, NOT eating four bags of chips and one package of cookies in two nights, and more. When I got home, I mused that it might be time to buy some new shorts in dark or light colors - maybe later! Also made sleepover plans with Billie for August 10-11, since I have to look after Grandma for two weeks from the 12th onward. Nice to accomplish some things, at least!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home