Friday, July 24, 2009

Now Hester knows more about me... should I be scared?!

I have a new (albeit unseasonal) icon to replace my Halloween Pumpkin icon on LJ, since said icon won't show up anymore in posts or comments. :(

Halloween Pumpkin:
Nooboo Mary Witch Hunt:

I wondered why I was awake at 9:30, but decided to deal. A while ago, Hester knocked on the door since the handyman was actually there. I forgot about the bra I had lying on the floor till then, whoops. *blush* (he had to go into the bedroom later, which is messier... and then the bathroom, which had the PAD BUCKET!) While he fixed things, she asked me questions about school, my family, and my boyfriend since she hadn't seen him in a while. ("he always sits outside on the concrete bar") I told her that we weren't together: apparently, he'd told her last summer that he was working. That's a bunch of bull since he was NOT working - he stayed here a lot while I had to go do stuff for him! (and speaking of which, I should have dumped him at the first sign of his not showing me emotional support: trying to joke with my parents at the townhouse against me to "fit in") I told Hester simply that I didn't know where he was now, and that he used to work in Chilliwack - she can take that any way she likes!

Told her about college, Toronto, music, my brother (whom she says is very polite), my parents' jobs, and how long / why I'm here. She thinks I can teach her English since I had a fairly good education, and mine is much better than hers, haha. Since she was asking me questions, I decided to ask her a few of my own. Her daughter is twenty and studies at UBC - when Hester told me last year that her daughter was freaked out at midnight because of hearing mice in her room, I was thinking of a little kid for some reason. Of course, I'm twelve years older than the daughter and STILL get freaked out, so there's no real reason for my wrong thinking!

She doesn't go to church too much since she's not a Christian, but apparently there are a lot of Christians in the building who occasionally ask her to attend their services to hear the speakers! For me, that would be awkward, and a mixing / blurring of the relationship demarcations! (gotta keep it professional) But at least the heater COULD be fixed - we'll see. Closed the patio door since Hester had opened it to cool the room down. I mean, yeah... that makes sense, but having that and the fan going is a bit redundant. Says something about a board to keep the mice out from the open window - I remember that Korey and I were having problems with it last summer even if the mice WEREN'T coming in through a closed window! (although it was fine temperature-wise when Hester came in...)


Facebook quiz taken from Laura:

Leslie took the quiz How Many Kids Will You have? and the result is 2-3 Kids. You get kids. Quite a few.. Perhaps you just want kids. Either way, be prepared. Between college expenses, medical, and the cost of feeding the little buggers.... You could own a yacht instead. Rather, you will be pumping them out without regard to the population growth. Get your sleep now, you are going to need it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home