Saturday, July 25, 2009

I gotta watch ORPHAN! / 45 degrees in Palm Springs?!

This thing restarted AGAIN, and redrum has FINALLY made its appearance! Henry picked me up in a courtesy car, which was all right - we listened to News 1130, and I made a mental note to watch ORPHAN when it comes out. Twist endings, mystery, and peculiar deaths... oh my! When they said that it was 45 degrees in Florida, neither of us wanted to imagine it! It was 33 degrees out in the afternoon, and that was plenty warm enough! Parked on the grass and went inside to help set up - I started MORTAL DANGER, but thought I'd leave it alone to actually help. Talked to Chrystal, William, Prima, Melia, Angus (lighters?), Joey, Sam, Joshua, Anne, David, Andrew, Lanie, Hilary, Sarah, Mike, Ian x2, Gabriel, Amanda, Rosenda, Ada, Rachel, Sean, and others. (I heard the church picnic was hot, despite shade) The kids' performances went pretty well, and the awards were given out after dinner. Fruit, chicken wings, skewers, Jello, tri-color Jello, juice, strawberries, grapes, cherries, hot dogs, potato salad, and more were all good! Signed cards for Melia and Chris, as well.

Ian M. and his cousin Anne were playing on the stairs under the watchful eye of David, and it was a good thing that Anne would answer me when I asked what she was doing. Angus discovered the joy of the air vents, and Anne hid in the storage spaces behind them. (Made up my mind to call Eric when I got home - when I did, he said he could give me a ride to church tomorrow pending some other stuff he might have to do. YAY FOR RESCUES! Said it was orange outside, and that there was a rainbow... NICE!) I said hi to Joshua, and noticed Keenan looking out the door when the downpour started - poor Joey, Sam, and Angus who were barbecuing! (or the people going to the fireworks tonight...) I let Gabriel look at my Awana picture - he'll be in Awana in September! Left with John, his mom, and the kids - Ian and Sean played a weird question game for most of the ride. It was punctuated by bizarre pronouncements from Sean: "I want to go back to the restaurant!" "I want to go to jail!" "Dinosaurs eat POO!" "Daddy, Ian, and Leslie scream like girls!" "I'm not uglier than you!" Hahaha, I like that amusement!


Leslie's just got their Toy Story Character Name from Name Generators. I just got my Toy Story Character Name. It's Molly.

Facebook quizzes taken from Jane and Billie:

Leslie completed the quiz "What Church Denomination Are You?" with the result Baptist. You are a Baptist. You believe in a very personal faith which should be declared through public baptism. For you, the Great Commission and evangelism is critical. You also (might) believe that Jesus will reign on earth for 1,000 years after 7 years of Apocalypse.

Leslie completed the quiz "What Famous Literary Character Are You?" with the result Dorian Gray from The Picture of Dorian Gray! You are Dorian Gray from Oscar Wilde's suspenseful classic. On the surface, you seem like a perfectly likable person. You're dashing, witty, charming, and fun. People are naturally drawn to you. You become the center of attention wherever you go. Yet, underneath that handsome surface lies your true, ugly nature. At your core, you're a vain, self-absorbed, wicked person. You have no real friends, and, to make matters worse, you're gullible. That's why you'll do anything, even sell your soul, to stay on top of the world. But the joke's on you. Some day, you're going to have to take a long hard look in the mirror and see your reflection for what it truly is. And when that day comes, you're going to find out for yourself just how feeble and hideous you really are.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home