Thursday, June 25, 2009

UP, phyllo-wrapped shrimp, cheese fondue, cheap steak, and more

High-scoring word of the night:

TOM (179 points) - against Jenny M. [5W used twice, 4W used twice, hook off PLANATE to make the word]


Went to the townhouse, but didn't get out by 1:15... we left at about 2 instead. Steph was sleeping, so I had fish oatmeal / sushi / noodles / cherries for lunch. When we left, my mom gave me a bunch of clothes - I guess it's time to winnow my clothing items down... maybe tomorrow! Steph and Terrence made up this ridiculous nickname for me, implying that I was a high-maintenance LADY who gave out DECREES. Cheh! We finally left to get to Silvercity, and it was a good thing my sister had a member card so we could bypass the lineup! After getting popcorn / candy / a drink to share, we watched Up. It was a cute movie about a guy who realizes that his childhood hero is actually evil... a kid, birds, dogs, and interesting clouds are also involved.

After that, we went to the mall to get the POO BOOK which I'd put on hold this morning. Of course I offered Terrence the discount using my Chapters card! Then we killed time by going to various stores such as a new shoe store called J2, Mexx, Randy River, Esprit, Hallmark Cards, HMV, and the Real Estate stand. Looked at funny cards, colorful clothing, stuff which was on sale, and more. Steph and I saw Brit in a store while waiting for Terrence - we chatted for a couple of minutes. Thought she'd be cold since it was raining outside, and she didn't appear to have much on in the way of insulation. Good thing she had a hoodie in her bag, although it's hard to dress for the weather if you don't drive and are out all day.

Steph was constantly texting someone, who we later learned was Karen Grace; Karen had distressing news, AIYA! Not sure how I'd react if my dad were due to die in about a month from cancer which was just diagnosed two months ago! (her brother Edwin's at home now, too) It was good when I saw books at HMV - AC/DC, Guns & Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, LETTERS FROM A NUT, graphic novels, and more!

After that, we went to Hamilton Bar & Grill (right next to Jeremy's former workplace, the furniture warehouse) in Yaletown to take advantage of a $12 steak promotion. I asked Steph later how she'd found out about it: turns out Randal emailed her. Meh... it was fine by that point. Surprisingly, Terrence paid for the steaks, mushrooms, phyllo-wrapped shrimp, drinks (Raven Cream Ale and more), and gorgonzola cheese fondue! Of course I thanked him a lot, haha. He told me just to be happier, and it was okay. The poor guy's stuck for a ride from the Toronto airport tomorrow afternoon: he says God will provide / make a way, which had better be true in this case! Saw a man whose belly almost toppled some water glasses on a table as he was leaving! Yikes!

Went to False Creek to do some walking / people-watching, then back to my place to pick up Terrence's stuff since Mom had offered to have him sleep at her place tonight. (he has to be at the airport at 10) Discussed my being quiet, Christmas ornaments for $3, interesting shirts, their old school friends, newspapers / banks having Facebook and Twitter accounts (WHY?!), school days, the "wetnap" story, keeping in touch, and more. He also gave me some Bee Cheng Hiang puffed rice seaweed from home (Singapore), which I was somewhat expecting given his question yesterday about whether I was more a seaweed or pork fan! I'd have hugged him, but he had too much stuff to carry... it's fine, though! Also found a few all-caps MSN messages from Auntie Fonda (of all the people), wanting to test something in her office. HA!


Poo nugget for Thursday, June 25: Dr. Stool Says - The Probiotic Movement - Supporters of the "probiotic" movement believe that consuming certain species of "good" bacteria can help prevent and treat various gastrointestinal ailments. Some have even gone so far as to claim benefits with regards to preventing cancer, treating hypertension, and lowering cholesterol.


Facebook quizzes taken from Leigh, Jennifer J., and Kelly:

Leslie just took the "What Type Of Angel Are You" quiz and the result is Heaven Angel. Protector of the gates of heaven. Your weapon isn't a sword. Your weapon is justice!

Leslie just took the "WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK LIKE IN ANIME? (GIRLS ONLY)" quiz and the result is Nerd.

Leslie completed the quiz "What Dewey number are you?" with the result 398. You are 398: Folklore. You love fairytales and folktales, anything with a bit of fantasy and magic. You can appreciate stories from all over the world and believe that the essence of a culture is distilled in its myths. You believe that we can teach and learn real-world lessons in morality and behavior through stories of anthropomorphized animals or fairies disguised as old crones. In 398, you'll find favorites such as Aesop's Fables, Grimm's Fairytales, The Firebird, Robin Hood, and Arabian Nights.

Leslie's just got their Trailer Trash Name from Name Generators. I just got my Trailer Trash Name. It's Backyard Betty.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home