Monday, June 15, 2009

I am not the catalyst behind the Russian volcano eruption!

Eric almost totally forgot about the Committee meeting tonight - that's priceless amusement! Called Dylan to advise him that we'd be really late, and to start without us. When Eric called me ten minutes later to tell me that he was on his way here to pick me up, I was still laughing - this caused him to ask whether I was okay. Of course! Hahahaha!

On the way there, we discussed various things such as his joking contention that I was responsible for some woman going into labor at the new Golden Ears bridge yesterday because I farted. Also discussed Oscar's, Maxine being an audiologist, ear doctors, my needing psychiatric help, chain reactions, saying "apartment" really quickly, leaving without me again (I saw him turn in as I came out - NOT TRUE), microwaves (his leftover dinner made me hungry even though I'd eaten already), his initially wondering why I'd called since yesterday's lunch made him completely forget about the meeting for some reason, his mom's reaction (being later is NOT a good thing!), and other stuff.

The meeting itself was fine - discussed Granville Island, money, restaurants, Gillis, exorbitant prices of things like knives on wedding registries, gifts NOT being brought to the States, Dylan's wedding, Alan and Tracy's wedding, and internal stuff. Johnny jokingly suggested a topless car wash as a church fundraising idea - NOT the image you want to project, man! Pastor John brought up venture capitalists, while Kevin just wanted to figure things out so he could write them down with the correct dates. I have at least three free nights in the next couple of months: June 26 (Eric's high school reunion), July 3 (Summer Conference), and July 24 (church picnic the next day) - those will be good, especially if I can get together with people! If not, downtime is on the agenda.

I also know that Sam's going to Manitoba to study law for two years (poor Emily Lam!), and that grad banquet is on Mike's birthday this year. Discussed Christon, Cindy, Dianne, barbecues, Sheena, Jason, Brian, Karen Choo, Janette, Nathan's move to England, and more also. On the way home, we discussed free nights / Jon's honeymoon / getting busy / the EVIL one / messages / crazy randomness / labeled parking spots / that Russian volcano explosion in the news / Utah's Black Diamond Equipment being robbed by someone looking for diamonds instead of sports equipment / avoiding people / Chuck / Emily Choi / rides / being premature / more stuff. Interesting times, for sure!


Mishearings of the night:

1. Eric: So did you read the agenda?
Me: Yup, yesterday.
Eric: Was it sent out yesterday?
Me: Pretty much. Did you?
Eric: Yeah, but I wasn't sure if it was sent out yesterday.
Me: ... well, that's fair enough if you didn't have a chance to SIT DOWN.
Eric: YOU ARE CRAZY!

2. Eric: No, the Potato King is a figment of someone else's imagination. It's from Red Dwarf, not Homestar Runner or WOW.
Me: GWAR!
Eric: No, RED DWARF. I've never listened to GWAR in my life!
Me: Oh, you might not like it. They have "slaves" feeding people like George Bush and Britney Spears to "giant maggots."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home