Sunday, June 28, 2009

ENGRISH! / Apparently, I'm strong enough to take a gate off its hinges...

Engrish Funny - thanks, Teresa! HAHAHA, SO HILARIOUS! Who believes they sell "Marinated Rape," for example?

My family picked me up this morning, and I settled in to listen to Jon talking to Harmony on the phone. Apparently, she's in Toronto for another wedding... the conversation covered Jon H., friends, pain, weddings, and other things. When he got off the phone, I asked him what he did to her. "Nothing! She got it in Europe!" Dad gave him some advice about how they should be together right now - well, weddings and such can't be helped. Good thing that listening to what Jon said distracted me from other things, haha. Said hi to Rosenda and her sons Ian (who waved and said hi before going into the elevator) and Gabriel in a double stroller - I knew I had to wear my Awana uniform today, so it was a good thing I carry it with me! Sat with Jeremy again after going down from the second floor, and was amused by a mention of Japadogs (Japanese hot dogs) in the bulletin.

Talked to Sheena, some kids who were chasing Margaret around, Ian and Sean ("36! S! R! S!" while writing "The 15 Mins." on the board), Dylan, Jon, Jeremy, Karen, baby Mattias (Anne and baby cookies), baby Allison, Jeff, Anita, and others. Hugged Chuck goodbye - he thanked me for being a good friend to Andrea. Of course! Nathan had some seven-year-old cheddar that he was trying - after he said that it reminded him of durian, Jen and I didn't want to try it! Saw Erin and Denise, so talked to them a little. (reminds me, I still have to RSVP to Erin's reception thing...)

Went upstairs to look after the kids: Amanda, Amos, Arthur, and Esther were all right just playing. When they got too loud, I took the books and toys away - Lego is a pursuit which is somewhat quieter! They liked pretending Jenga blocks were strawberry / chocolate / vanilla / peach desserts. Auntie Fonda was talking to Rachel's grandma, and was still weepy as I assume she's mourning the death of her cat. (she explained this to them as "I'm not happy.") I didn't mind just watching the kids - she was obviously not in the right frame of mind to tell the kids a Bible story! She thanked me later for just being there - hey, whatever I can do to make it easier! Yes, I did get her messages on MSN, and am not surprised that she closed the program right away when she heard her boss coming! Arthur talked a lot to me about Thomas, Gordon, Lady, and other characters from THOMAS THE TANK... Amos actually brought some figures along, and told me that he had the DVD at home!

After that, I went downstairs to see what Jon was doing - Mom tried telling me stuff, but I was too focused on my brother, haha. I told my brother what I was doing later, so I decided to take the bus home. Jon and Nathan went out of the church later, and said something about Pho lunch - we went to Pho Thai Son. On the way there, Nathan decided to call Chinese Eric on his temporary number, but got no answer. We didn't have all the time in the world to arrange a get-together, as Jon observed. Since we kinda had to be chasing him down, it was a good thing that Eric's mom answered when Nathan tried his house number! He was disappointed that he wouldn't be seeing "the happy couple," but we figured that tomorrow works for all of us as a dinner date. Looks like we'll be trying Burgoo - soups and stews of comfort, oh my!

Over Pho, we discussed the media's treatment of Michael Jackson - he was weird and perverted in life, but now he's SO GOOD and THE KING OF POP in death! Jeremy wondered whether nursing is truly vegan, since humans are technically animals. I mentioned that I'd been reading up on it, and the vegans say it's fine since it's cruelty-free. (or something) We both didn't know about the technicalities - oh well. Nathan and Jon joked about Ponzi schemes, percentages, services, and other things. Jon mentioned that Harmony didn't know that 70s SEXY music was what it was - she just liked the oral sounds of it! Talked about "seductive" power naps, poor Terrence's Facebook status, smoky eateries in Europe, great terraces in Budapest, and other things too before the guys went to get Jon's keys prior to the Jazz Festival.

I experienced great bus luck on a Sunday of all days - I didn't have to wait for any of the three buses I took to get home! Got home, fielded a good message from Vanessa H., and noticed that a prospective landlady had called. I returned the call and was out again within ten minutes. The Ironwood area is cool - unfortunately, I ripped the wooden gate off its hinges because it was stuck. There go my chances at that place, although I didn't know I was that strong! Probably it was old - I didn't want to just waltz in the open garage door! She wanted references and such, especially since she had a few more people interested. "I was going to take the ad off the Internet when you called!"

When I got back to Richmond Centre (with the same bus driver who'd taken me to Ironwood in the first place), I was so thirsty that I went to Shoppers to get two iced teas, which were on sale anyway. Then I took some money out of the bank for tomorrow or later because I was near an ATM. Saw David Shaler smoking a cigarette outside, who said that he'd give me a townhouse because he was building them at Garden City / Westminster with Donald Trump. "You believe me, right?" Haha... we'll see if you're gonna be in the news! (he has a lot of these proclamations, like the one where Joe Biden was going to take him to Washington, or the one where he's a direct descendant of Jesus Christ :P) Finished the two iced teas in ten minutes, then headed home to discuss things with Billie and Corey. Saturday plans sound pretty good!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home