Saturday, June 27, 2009

I use hand sanitizer and Ziploc bags in unconventional ways - MICE!

I heard a mouse IN MY ROOM today, so I guess closing the door every time I went out of the room didn't really work. Not going to Alan and Tracy's wedding, but that's fine as they didn't invite me. Kinda short notice to call Henry anyway, sorta. All I gotta do is make sure the phone's on in a couple of hours. Just heard a prayer clip from Talladega Nights on the radio ("SWEET BABY JESUS!") - haha, I well remember seeing that with Chinese Eric and the guys a couple years back!

Speaking of mice in my room, I had to take out a dead one on a glue trap - ewww! Luckily, I triple-bagged both my hands with Ziploc bags as "gloves" of sorts to insulate myself against accidentally touching it or the trap. Then I got a triple-dose of hand sanitizer, some vigorous hand-washing, and a cleansing shower to deal with germs. Then I applied a quintuple dose of hand sanitizer to my knapsack after throwing away some cookies inside: it helped with picking up the crumbs inside, and I suspect the mice were at the cookies anyhow.

Posted a "housing wanted" ad, then I called the number listed in a $650 Craigslist ad which included cable / parking / laundry / hydro / bathroom / stove / fridge / heat. Preeya says it's near Ironwood and on Steveston Highway. There's also some competition going on (and she works till 5 tomorrow), and I have to see it either tonight or tomorrow. It should be fine as long as I look up the bus directions NOW as opposed to when I strictly need them. Let's see... oh great. The site is down! Can't blame this one on Michael Jackson's death, heh. Google Maps seems to give me limited functionality for what I want. Hmm... it appears that if I take the 401 / 407, then the 403, and then walk a little, it should be fine. Phew!


I just got a reply from my ad, too! "Kindly find your self lucky because my spacious 1 bedrooms flat is just vacant.It is first come first serve.It is available for anyone wishing to stay in Richmond,Bc.My apartment is located in a safe and cool area in Richmond,Bc.My apartment is well furnsihed and fully equipped.The price $620 per month includes all bills such as gas,electricity,water etc.For ,more details about this offer,contact me via my email address . Email Address : [deleted]
> Kindly reply back with this add... "
"Duncan Tim" has spacing issues (also: ADD is a VERB, not a NOUN!), but I don't know what a "safe and cool area" is. Besides, I have my own furnishings. People are donating stuff to Jon and Harmony, of course... but sometimes you gotta do it yourself!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home