Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Turkish Delight in chocolate is very good!

Went food shopping, and I couldn't believe that Barry hadn't heard of online fliers before - there is also online shopping and delivery which might save on gas, but still. Got Skor / Eat More / Big Turk (with Turkish Delight!) / Aero bars for Corey and myself at Save-On just now, and almost all of those were twenty cents off. Since someone mentioned Chapman's (a lactose-free ice cream), I got some of that too in butterscotch. Unfortunately, it came in a 4L tub... oh well, I don't think it's too bad for a one-shot deal.

Decided to get some Island Farms mango swirl frozen yogurt, on-sale bottled water, vanilla-caramel Drumsticks, on-sale bread, on-sale grape juice, on-sale Kashi cereal (since Vanessa had it last Friday), chocolate milk, on-sale parmesan / butter rice, on-sale noodles / rice vermicelli, veggies, on-sale boneless / skinless chicken breast, on-sale Thai chili sauce, on-sale pads, chocolate chip cookies, cheese, on-sale Chunky Soup, bananas, Coke Zero (I saw it at Nathan's last week), shampoos / conditioner, on-sale Earth's Own almond soy milk, on-sale Sunrise soy milk, and other stuff. I didn't get any Pepsi Max, since it appeared they only had diet - maybe they'll have the regular sort at London Drugs when I get a bubble-wrap envelope later. Saw Marcel at the store, too - he's seen both Elizabeth and Joyce recently for a family dinner since it was Joyce's birthday, and wouldn't recommend THE HAUNTING to me!

Saw the Activia muesli / apple / nuts yogurt I was going to get last time (but was thwarted by bad expiry dates), so got that along with some apple / blackberry stuff. Bought a grad card for Ray, a birthday card for Megan, and a funny card for Corey. I'd have bought crayons, but figured that my pre-existing pens work as well as those for putting the kids' names on their papers at toddler Sunday School. Speaking of them, I got an on-sale Beanie Baby (lion) for little Arthur; I should have given him the stuffed tiger that Korey left behind, too. (but found another person for it) I saved $23.81 today! Have told Corey about the Big Turk (it's GOOD!), and he says the Bridge Mixture had Turkish Delight pieces.. which was like jelly stuff in chocolate. Yes, it's exactly like that goodness!

[14:55:03] Flami: learning about martyrs: do you have Skor or Eat More bars there?
[14:55:28] Corey: Skor, yes... don't think I've heard of the other one
[15:15:09] Flami: okay, I'll send you some along with Big Turk - finally got some today!
[15:16:30] Corey: so is the mission here to send some of everything ever made in Canada? :P
[15:19:02] Flami: Hahahaha. NO
[15:23:59] Corey: well, I think we're getting close at this point :P
[15:27:39] Flami: hahaha... I was shopping anyhow, and decided to get it
[15:27:46] Flami: they were on sale too.
[15:37:16] Corey: and we love sales :P
[16:04:14] Corey: we have one called Big Hunk, I think, but no Turks
[16:15:50] Flami: Big Hunk?! What does THAT contain?
[16:17:52] Corey: I don't think I've ever had one
[16:18:16] Corey: Big Hunk is a candy bar made by Annabelle Candy Company. It is a bar of roasted peanuts covered in honey sweetened nougat. It was featured in Steve Almond's book, Candyfreak, as being one of the only successful candies made by a small company. A new bar spin-off, Skinny Hunk, was recently introduced.
[16:18:29] Corey: that's the entire Wikipedia article :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home