Friday, April 03, 2009

Margaritas and falling over / Shredded pork is NOT cocoa mix!

High-scoring words of the day so far:

FAT (107 points) - against Beverley H. [2W, 5W, hook off WADE to make AW and TA]
JEAN (271 points) - against Geraldine B. [two 4W]
OCEAN (200 points; two 5W) - against Kim A.
INDOW (200 points) - against Itamar R. [4W, 5W]

Erik's inviting me to movie nights... one at the last minute in Surrey of all the places, and one on Chrystal's birthday; interesting! If CITY OF LOST CHILDREN is anything like what I think it might be, then I'm in! Of course, I'm probably WAY off, though... but it IS French with subtitles. Ooh, fancy! I've also heard that Taylor Pyatt's girlfriend has died while on vacation in Jamaica - that is sad!

Corey got the Mars Bars (dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel) / Mirage Bars / Wunderbars / Aero bars (peppermint, milk chocolate, dark chocolate) / Tim Tams (classic dark) / Coffee Crisp / blank cards / king-size Smarties / shredded pork / shredded wild Pacific salmon that I mailed last Thursday.

[16:28:28] Corey: hey, I got a couple dirty envelopes that look like they were run over by cars! why do you run them over in cars before you mail them?
[16:29:13] Flami: learning about martyrs: I what?! I have never run anything over in a car. Next random question, please?
[16:29:54] Corey: well, the last one you sent looked like that too :P you can see all the little bubbles because the area between them is clean, while the bubbles are all dirty
[16:30:29] Corey: the customs form is almost gone on one of them :P
[16:30:43] Flami: um... what exactly did you get?
[16:32:02] Corey: and one doesn't have the Canada Post sticker with the postage... it does have half of a cancel mark, though
[16:32:27] Corey: what do you think I got? :P you sent more than two things?
[16:35:27] Flami: list, please.
[16:36:01] Corey: uh, one envelope that was run over by a car, and one envelope that was run over by a car and doesn't have the postage sticker and the customs sticker is all mangled
[16:36:20] Corey: I'm surprised they delivered it without the postage on there...
[16:36:35] Corey: you can see half of the cancellation stamp, so it was obviously there at one point
[16:41:31] Flami: so did you get everything?
[16:43:12] Corey: well, I don't know, I haven't opened them yet. I thought they were just for looking at
[16:43:49] Corey: are you trying to tell me that envelopes contain objects and I should be opening my mail?
[16:43:59] Corey: I never realized that.... wow
[16:46:00] Flami: DO IT NOW
[16:47:50] Corey: but I'm still trying to figure out why mail from Canada gets run over by cars
[16:48:15] Corey: probably wasn't literally run over, but it's been in some dirty dirty trucks or something
[16:48:36] Flami: and how should *I* know?!
[16:48:50] Flami: just open the damned things... I'm DYING to know!
[16:50:32] Corey: then I guess I just shouldn't open them
[16:51:03] Corey: if you're already dying, it'll be too late when I open them... and then it will all be a sad reminder of a fallen comrade, and will just depress me
[16:51:14] Flami: I didn't say I was literally dying :P
[16:51:30] Corey: but you yelled it in all caps! that's serious!
[16:52:16] Flami: in that case, why didn't you obey me when I said DO IT NOW ?
[16:53:17] Corey: because it's already too late, unless opening them will save your life
[16:56:15] Flami: yes. that is what I am saying.
[16:56:49] Corey: WELL THEN, I HAVE YOU RIGHT WHERE I WANT YOU!!! HA HA HA! MEET YOUR DOOM AT MY HANDS!!!!
[16:57:32] Corey: so uh, how long does it take to die from non-opening of envelopes? I need to know when to leave the room, so you can make a daring escape with only seconds to spare... so I can yell CURSES! and stuff, and wonder why you've evaded me yet again
[17:02:04] Flami: you've been watching too many crazy superhero movies
[17:03:34] Corey: I haven't watched a superhero movie since Iron Man, I think. I'd watch Watchmen, but there's no DVD quality copy out yet, and I know they fucked the ending up...
[17:04:14] Corey: I have the new Wolverine movie in workprint-form, but I haven't watched it yet.
[17:06:54] Corey: okay... first on the list in your quest to make me fat and not exercise is a bag of Maltesers
[17:07:40] Corey: Aero.. also Nestlé... maybe Nestlé doesn't like making money in the USA or something
[17:08:04] Corey: DER VUNDERBAR
[17:08:19] Corey: Martian candy
[17:09:08] Corey: uh... and I think this is what you put in as an extra... it's a bag of powdered cocoa mix or something that claims to be pork. what on earth do you do with that? :P
[17:10:16] Corey: envelope labeled CD that doesn't feel like it has a CD in it.. and it's SEALED WITH TAPE SO I CAN'T OPEN IT! :P we'll get to that later, I guess
[17:10:44] Corey: Mirage.. also by USA-hating Nestlé
[17:10:56] Corey: bubbly chocolate, huh?
[17:11:25] Corey: three Coffee Crisps, again by Nestlé.. I'm seeing a pattern here
[17:12:24] Corey: another Aero, with the package almost torn open (everything else seems like it's in good shape, nothing seems broken or anything)
[17:12:33] Corey: another Wunderbar
[17:12:40] Corey: a dark Mars bar
[17:12:43] Flami: salmon?
[17:13:20] Corey: and another dark Mars
[17:13:51] Corey: more Maltesers, smaller...
[17:14:06] Corey: yet another Wunderbar...
[17:14:41] Corey: and nine fun-size Mars bars
[17:14:53] Corey: and that's only the first envelope :P jeez, this is a lot of candy :P
[17:16:15] Flami: THAT IS NOT POWDERED COCOA MIX!
[17:16:26] Corey: I KNOW THAT, BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MEAT
[17:17:00] Corey: okay, dinner time, but there's a thingy of Salmon that can't make up its mind if it's Canadian (maple leaf) or Chinese
[17:17:52] Corey: so you'll have to tell me about these pork and salmon thingies
[18:27:34] Flami: uh... you eat them, you dork!
[18:28:08] Flami: you can sprinkle it on congee... but I guess since you don't have that, you can just eat it out of the package with a spoon :P
[18:36:52] Corey: congealed what?
[18:44:49] Flami: you've never heard of congee?! this, I find hard to believe.. you were in TAIWAN, dude!
[18:47:20] Corey: where I can't read names, and they don't know English names
[18:49:25] Corey: that doesn't sound very Chinese, though
[18:49:38] Flami: look it up on Wikipedia
[19:14:30] Corey: so it's rice porridge


Edit: He finally decided to open Envelope #2:

[20:19:00] Corey: so, shall we inventory envelope two?
[20:19:46] Corey: another Mirage.. another smaller bag of Maltesers
[20:19:56] Corey: Aero
[20:20:15] Corey: another Mars 2 pack
[20:20:46] Corey: Tim Tams
[20:21:09] Corey: and an envelope labeled (2) meaning I opened them in the right order apparently, and the other one was labeled (1), not CD :P
[20:21:41] Corey: kind of squished Wunderbar
[20:21:45] Corey: Coffee Crisp
[20:22:01] Corey: Aero
[20:22:10] Corey: Aero
[20:23:01] Corey: Smarties (despite being basically the same thing as M&M's, Smarties are pretty good! I think they're slightly bigger, which seems to make a difference somehow)
[20:23:16] Corey: bent Wunderbar
[20:23:44] Corey: and 7 little Mars bars
[20:23:48] Corey: the end!
[20:24:06] Corey: okay, now I can open that candy store I mentioned a few days ago :P
[20:24:59] Corey: you didn't need to send nearly THAT MUCH stuff, but thanks. it all looks like it should be good, and I've definitely been interested in trying Tim Tams
[20:57:10] Corey: it's not dangerous :P all they'll do is take it away. it's risky if it's something expensive, of course
[20:58:17] Corey: I'm sure if they found you sending drugs or guns or something, you'd find yourself with a nice visit from whatever Canadian group is like the FBI there... but some sort of food they don't allow isn't going to get you in trouble
[21:06:00] Flami: did you tell Jane this, when she sent you that watch?
[21:06:36] Corey: probably. they didn't confiscate anything then, though.
[21:07:00] Corey: I think they just randomly check boxes, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.
[21:30:13] Corey: Mars Bars seem to be about the same as Milky Way
[21:30:45] Corey: "It was first manufactured in Slough in the United Kingdom in 1932 as a sweeter version of the American Milky Way bar which Mars, Inc. produced in the USA "
[21:31:07] Corey: it doesn't seem like it's exactly the same, but pretty close
[21:32:12] Corey: this also says we had it until 2000, and also says a completely unrelated Mars bar was sold here until 2002
[21:32:34] Corey: so I'm not sure if the one in 2000 was that with a wrong date or what, I doubt there were two things called a Mars Bar
[21:33:46] Flami: I don't think that's the case, no...
[21:35:40] Corey: I think they're talking about the same thing, it says it turned into Snickers Almond.. the US one had almonds too, apparently
[21:35:50] Corey: so do you have Milky Way there?
[21:36:17] Corey: "The American version of the Milky Way bar is made of chocolate-malt nougat topped with caramel and covered with milk chocolate, and is equivalent to the Mars bar sold in other countries. The non-U.S. Milky Way bar, on the other hand, is not topped with caramel, and is therefore similar to the American 3 Musketeers bar."
[21:39:23] Corey: most of the comparisons are to the UK, not Canada, but it looks like..
Milky Way here = Mars elsewhere
Three Musketeers here = Milky Way elsewhere
[21:39:31] Flami: we MUST... I think.
[21:41:34] Corey: well... the main candy bars here are stuff like Milky Way, Three Musketeers, Butterfinger, Snickers, Nestlé Crunch, Baby Ruth, Twix, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups... various Hershey chocolate bars...
[21:43:28] Corey: Wikipedia says Kit Kats are Nestlé, except in the US where Hershey makes the same exact thing with the same name, under license... Nestlé must not be allowed to do business here or something, geez
[21:49:15] Corey: apparently we have the Wunderbars here... it's called Starbar, and was then changed to "Moro Peanut," and it's not advertised or promoted, but has a strong fanbase. I've never heard of it. Wunderbar is the Canadian name
[21:49:24] Corey: and in Germany
[21:51:13] Corey: I guess that name makes sense for Germany, but they probably don't call candy bars "bars" so it'll just look like it's called "Wonderful" to them.. surely the name is supposed to mean that AND something more like "Wonder [candy] Bar" in Canada
[23:08:06] Corey: well, I'll have to find some Colorado stuff or something :P
[23:20:32] Flami: since I don't know what that would be, it sounds like a good place to start :P
[23:31:06] Corey: well, if you like tea, we have a pretty good company for that here
[23:37:09] Flami: what's it called?
[23:39:28] Corey: I've told you about it, and I don't think you have it. Celestial Seasonings. started and still located in Boulder, Colorado
[23:40:52] Corey: I took Jane there when she was here last time. they have a mint room for storing all their mint stuff that goes into mint-flavored tea... they had it so full that we couldn't really go in, but just standing in the doorway, it was REALLY intense... that'll clear your sinuses out right away
[23:40:55] Flami: we do have Celestial Seasonings tea... I told you about it
[23:41:04] Corey: you do? :P
[23:50:56] Corey: well, you suck then!
[23:51:06] Corey: for stealing one of my main Colorado ideas :P
[23:52:09] Flami: cheh :P
[23:55:24] Corey: well..... there should be some chips, hot sauce for sure... I should go to one of the hippie natural food places. they have a lot more local stuff
[00:03:36] Flami: that could be a good idea...
[00:03:58] Flami: of course, I don't think we have CS white mango tea...


Leslie just took the Are You A 70s Girl Quiz and is 92 Percent 70s Girl.

Facebook quizzes taken from Kelly, David L., and Morgana:

Leslie took the what alcoholic drink are you? quiz and the result is margarita. You're fun and nice. You love to stay at home and rest as much as you like parties.

Leslie completed the quiz "HOW MANY DRINKS DO YOU HAVE BEFORE FALLING OVER?" with the result hardcore drinker. You are a full time alkie and can drink with the best of them! Take pride in being up there with the big boys. You would have no trouble with drinking the pub dry, and still moving on to another boozer. Well done. (Ha ha ha... erm, this result is DEFINITELY NOT ACCURATE in any way! No, sir!)

Leslie completed the quiz "What time period should you be living in?" with the result Revolutionary. The world saw many revolutions in the 18th century, the bloodiest being perhaps the French Revolution (feel like grabbing a pitchfork and storming Bastille or a nobleman's estate?). However, the American Revolution displays exactly what kind of dedication, perseverance, and loyalty Americans have. During the American Revolution, patriots fought a long and difficult war against Britain, and after six long years, finally won their independence. A fellow revolutionary could count on you to cover their back in a fight and keep spirits high. You are loyal, hardworking, and dedicated to friends and family.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home