Saturday, February 07, 2009

"You're like a bus... not that we RIDE you..."

Bingos of the night so far:

MISATONES (268 points) - against Kimberly R.
OUTLIERS (138 points) - against Melindy M.

High-scoring words of the night so far:

RAX (108 points) - against Kailea S.-G. [two 3W]
MISATONES (268 points) - against Kimberly R. [4W, two 2W, bingo] (a good deficit-erasing word)
OUTLIERS (138 points) - against Melindy M. [3W, bingo]
HATCHERY (146 points) - against Rosalind H. [two 2W]
EXILES (102 points) - against Adam L. [2W, 3W]

Eric picked me up earlier than usual, and we spent the ride over to church talking about weird stuff, STAR WARS, Richie, forgetting the word "vehemently," late lunches (no dinner required), my "too warm" apartment (I'd die if it were really over 200°F!), "becoming a recluse," and more. Saw Billy at the church front door, attempting to be let in. I could see Jessica at the far end of the hall when I peered inside the door, and Eric told her to quit doing her homework and let us in! Finally, Billy had to call his brother Danny to let us in, heh. I set up the chairs since nobody else was around to do it, while Jon announced his presence to us. Talked to Raymond about Wordscraper, jobs, and other stuff. At least I got to share my Fruit Source snacks with Jeremy and Raymond before I finished them all during Bible Study! Also gave Dylan a birthday card, heh.

Talked to Grace about my pasta creation (cream of mushroom soup / frozen veggies / salmon is quite filling!), and her long week. Discussed gratefulness, Vanessa accidentally squishing Cindy's finger, Kevin and attendance, meetings, Vanessa and etiquette for follow-up, Nathan's write-up for the potluck on the Evite, and other things in Bible Study. Afterwards, I hailed Dianne to ask about the baby she saw being born today in New Westminster. It was named Jenny, was really CUTE and weighed five pounds! She's been reading a few of the poo facts, and asked me how Facebook note tagging worked: she thought I was writing a story about a character called Dianne who pooed! Hahahaha, no!

Waited with Eric downstairs while he checked messages - we ended up giving Sam and Ivan a ride home too. The "different" woman Teresa was under the impression that Sheena would drive her home; yikes. She bombarded poor Cindy with a few prayer requests about her boyfriend's mattress and jobs at McDonalds! I talked to Sheena and Connie for a bit, then peeked in at Jon in an office room - I knew he was looking up bands on Myspace, haha. Talked to Harmony on the phone for a bit since Jon was packing up: I heard him laughing when I asked her if she was a big Valentine's Day person, and Eric came up to me in the hallway to ask if I was flirting with her since I asked her what her favorite food was! (I had run out of things to say!) Greeted Phil, Grace, Cindy, Richie, Johnny, and others: marshmallows are good for math, but kinda gross to eat later! Said bye to Raymond and heard Sam, Quan, Julie, Jessica, Stanley, Mike, Joey, Emily, Sonya, Ivan, Sarah, and others create noisy chaos upstairs! Dylan invited some of us to bubble tea, and told Christon that he might as well come along, hahaha.

We had an interesting discussion on the way home, mostly focused on Harmony's chivalrous ways. Jon's going to see her in a few days, which is good. Sam and Ivan let us know about some things in the video for the girls' appreciation night: Mark had funny analogies. ("Amasiah is like a bus - not that we ride you or anything, but sometimes you come to Fellowship and sometimes you don't - just like transit! Isabel's like a doughnut because she's sweet and dresses differently!") Then we got into other questionable analogies: feather dusters are mass produced, so you're a dime a dozen in Asian dollar stores! Got my stuff from the trunk (yes, I got the right knapsack!), and told Eric to call me tomorrow. I shouldn't sleep through it, but at least I have backup if I do!


Poo nugget for this weekend: Courtesy Flush - The Courtesy Flush is an act of flushing immediately upon defecation to minimize total odor exposure time. Most often employed in a public facility, this technique has also been used to disguise embarrassing sounds that may result, say, from a bout of explosive diarrhea.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home