Saturday, February 07, 2009

Vanilla ice cream from Costco - let's spend $500!

Eric picked me up late, but it was fine. We discussed a rather aggressive driver who wanted to pass him (but there was no lane!) - it turned out that it was a DRIVING INSTRUCTOR! Man, that made him really want to find out who it was, but we couldn't since the guy drove too fast and changed lanes like nobody's business! The gas prices seemingly went way up overnight... yikes! I told him about my dream, and wondered if I should tell Raymond tomorrow: Eric figured his reaction might be "I'm never talking to you again!" There are some things I should keep to myself, heh. It IS a valid word, and I told him about the time that Korey had played WHORE on me once - he was going DOWN! (and I won that game anyhow!) Discussed the differences between Scrabble and Wordscraper, and whether QUONE was a real word (no) - he got that from a Seinfeld episode. Also talked about BLEH, randomosity, Richie, and more.

Went to the meeting, which was fine. Then after Tim decamped, I left as well just in time to help Chrystal with the various kids: Nina, Jordan, Emily, Carley, Gerard, Cynthia, Stephanie, Eunice, Victoria, Isaac, and others. Carley was swimming in the 14-16 uniform, but the 10-12 uniform wasn't the right size either. She's a small kid! Dylan and Eric came downstairs for a few minutes: I thought of joking that Eric had to stay for Awana since I didn't have a ride home, haha. Talked about nieces, nephews, the next meeting being at the same time, and joking that they had to stay and help us! Henry had gotten my message, and we spent some time snacking on nougats and Danish butter cookies with Eric (who says he could eat an entire tin in one sitting!) and Ada. I looked at the new Awana curriculum - Hang Gliders, oh my! (with characters named Mrs. Torres, Joel, Chloe, and Jacob) The green things look cool, heh. Talked to Chrystal about pizza, pasta, Lombardo's, getting together with Sheena and Cindy, Commercial Drive being expensive, not checking email in a long time, and resting. Golden had midterms, but he's not done yet!

After Awana, I gave Ian M. some stickers, and opened Sean's fruit snacks for him when he asked. Then I attempted to keep Sean indoors - he seemed interested in the flower offertory sheet on the front table, and it made him go into his own world. Tonight's edition consisted of "100! Office! Because! Money! Sunday and Monday! Saturday!" and various numbers / nonsense. On the way home after discussing rocket ships on TV, Ian wanted vanilla ice cream. I had to inwardly laugh at the Asian content of his dad's comment on that: "It's not about what you want... we have to see what's on sale!" Since Ian brought up Costco as a destination for ice cream, I told him that my uncle had once spent $500 there! Ian's next words were: "Wow! Did he use up all of his money?!" No, he didn't since he has LOTS! John had heard about my uncle - he might have been planning to retire here, but my cousins all went back to Hong Kong! I bet Costco's known as the $100 Store since you easily spend that much there without realizing it! I've heard about a dinner on the 21st where the kids have a pizza party - should be good competitive times with friends!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home