Saturday, February 28, 2009

Free beef noodles remind me of Tom Yum soup!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

BUTTED (355 points) - against Chris M. [two 5W, hook off HEM to make HEME]
PAVED (325 points) - against Angela V. [two 5W]


Eric picked me up, noting that it was good that I was behind a pole, but also noted that he'd fixed his brakes. During the course of the ride, we discussed McDonalds food, the drive-thru McDonalds near my place (I was only there once last July), taking a dump, melting my face, French, the church Open House tomorrow, ice, glass, whether I was fiery, and other things. Hey, I am not the one who is getting influenced by others, thanks! It was a hilarious ride, which is good - I needed to be in a good frame of mind.

Got to the church, and I decided to help Grace / Vivian / Cindy / Calla with the posterboard for tomorrow. Teresa, Sheena, and Richie came by to give us some critique. Said hey to Margaret (cleaning the rails) / Cordia / Jeremy (in the elevator with Stanley's mom) / Eric (washing the windows - my glasses do NOT need that treatment!), and helped with the tape and such. Discussed teaching, busyness, running, ramen noodles (which remind me of the three Tom Yum soup packets I have), the balloons popping all over the place, and more. Teresa wanted to know which churches had services other than Sunday mornings: Andrea and I had no idea. I was surprised that Teresa asked for my phone number, and that she remembered who my brother was, heh.

Once we were done, we went downstairs to see what was going on. Raymond and I talked about the retreat last week: it was fun times, apparently. Grace and I just talked about noodles and things like that, haha. Raymond also mentioned some beer and cheese night at Jeremy's that he can't make it to: I asked when he'd received that email, and he said that it was yesterday! He was skimming it, and noticed that my own brother didn't email me about it. Meh, I'm used to it... and Jon just forwarded the email to me now.

Cindy, Dylan, Richie, Jen, and I talked about Steph for a bit. We discussed his birthday (August 9), my amazing birthday memory, moving, Skype with Auntie Beatrice, why people weren't there tonight, bubble tea, the COLD fellowship hall, the great posterboard that Emily L. worked on, Awana having its own table, the Hang Glider book having a CD, lying, and other things. I got a beef noodle cup from a box they were giving away - I should buy those more often, maybe! (growing away from packaged noodles?)

Later, Jon was in the office looking through a bunch of books he'd bought at Regent this afternoon for the church library. When he left to see if he could find Maria (something about the library), Eric and I looked through them: justice, life in the city, meditations on death, and more. On the way home, we discussed ice vs. salt / Russ Baker Way (AKA "the big road by the airport") / the annoying grass clumps by the south side of Broadway / the Canucks' 2-1 win / gibberish callers / whether I was going to make it to the Open House tomorrow. At least Eric will go home after his booth shift, so I can tag along - then come back for Awana in a couple of hours! Got home to a message from Corey, who asked if I fell in the toilet over here or something: HAHAHAHAHAHA! No, I just got rushed out of here earlier tonight!

Here's the cheese email: In lieu of a Sunday dinner (which is coming up soon, I promise) we'll be having a beer and cheese night at Jeremy's. While we will be providing some beer to go along with our many cheese choices, do feel free to bring along whatever libations you choose, whether it be wine, port, scotch, grain alcohol, etc. Nate and I went hog-wild earlier today and bought a decent chunk of high-quality cheese from Mount Pleasant Cheese Company. We have approx 3 lbs of cheeses ranging from maple cheddar to Napoleon (Quebec raw milk cheese - nutty and neat!) -- adding up to slightly under $30. The damage would have been significantly worse if the cheese lady didn't give us 25% off our entire order (and didn't charge us tax to boot!). So consider this cheese night a real deal, and the more people that make it, the lesser the cost, and the greater the good times.

Poo nugget for this weekend: Poo of the Month - POO-PHORIA! Synonyms: Holy Crap, Mood Enhancer, The Tingler. (you should see the picture for this one: it has a guy levitating above the toilet in a Zen moment!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home