Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you use YOUR anchor as an emergency brake? (wrestling and cream soda)

Corey managed to remind me about wrestling and cream soda earlier tonight:

[18:01:34] Flami: the hamsterette: so now what's up? it's apparently snowing here again
[18:11:02] Corey: WELL, I'LL TELL YA, MEAN GENE! DINNER! THAT'S WHAT'S UP! I'VE GOT SOME LEFTOVER PIZZA HERE AND AFTER ALL MY HULKAMANIACS RUN WILD ON IT, I'M GONNA EAT IT!!! SO WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN COREY AND HULKAMANIA RUN WILD ON YOU!!!! GHGHRRWOWOEWSAFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHRRRRR
[18:11:24] Corey: oh, and I also got some Pepsi to drink with the pizza
[18:12:15] Corey: Pepsi's new cans are kind of plain and dumb, and the logo has a mouth thing on it now that's wider or thinner depending on the variety of Pepsi you're drinking
[18:14:34] Flami: .... just how much Pepsi have you had already!?
[18:15:01] Flami: I know you're hankering after caffeine, but...
[18:15:51] Corey: WELL, YOU KNOW, MEAN GENE, I HAD SOME FOR LUNCH AND ONE IN THE AFTERNOON THAT I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED YET!
[18:16:11] Corey: we got a big 36-pack suitcase thingy of Pepsi
[18:16:53] Corey: I'd rather have Coke, but Pepsi is ALWAYS cheaper now... you'd think Coke would be pretty quick to match that
[18:18:13] Corey: lately, it's almost always something like 3/$12 (12-packs) for Coke, and 4/$12 for Pepsi products, so obviously I go with those in that case :P usually I just get the cheaper one, and change my mind about which I like more all the time. I'd say generally it's Coke, but if I've had Coke stuff for a while, Pepsi sounds good
[18:29:09] Flami: yeah... I haven't had too much Coke or Pepsi since a while ago, although I did get store brand cola last week when it was on sale for 88ยข a bottle
[18:30:30] Corey: seeing as how I go for Coke or Pepsi based on how tired of one or the other I am (well, or which is cheaper) I'm not sure why I don't get store brand stuff more :P it's usually not really as good, but it's pretty much the same thing
[18:34:06] Flami: is the store brand stuff cheaper, usually?
[18:37:29] Corey: of course
[18:41:41] Flami: so have you ever tried it?
[18:50:26] Corey: yes, that's how I know it's not usually as good :P but I guess I could get it sometimes
[18:56:12] Flami: ah yes, of course...
[19:04:01] Corey: the store brand cream soda is pretty good. I get that sometimes. I like it more than A&W.. Jones Cream Soda is better than both though
[19:08:19] Flami: haven't had cream soda in a while myself... maybe since last summer
[19:48:29] Corey: well, hurry it up, what are you waiting for? :P
[19:58:22] Flami: for the snow to not be here.

More strange laws, from Bathroom Reader #21:

In Providence, Rhode Island, it's illegal to sell toothbrushes on Sundays. (toothpaste is okay)
It's against the law in Washington state to pretend that your parents are rich.
Women in Corvallis, Oregon, are not legally permitted to drink coffee after 6 PM.
By law, Washington drivers must carry an anchor to be used as an emergency brake.
In Christiansburg, Virginia, it's a crime to imitate the sound of a police vehicle.
It's against the law in Iowa to charge people to watch a one-armed pianist perform.
In Missouri, men are legally required to have a permit to shave.
It's a crime in Long Beach, California, to curse while playing miniature golf.
It's against the law in Oklahoma to display a hypnotized person in a window.
In Israel, it's illegal to pick your nose on the Sabbath.
In Florida, widows may not skydive on Sunday afternoons.
It's illegal for a woman in Joliet, Illinois, to try on more than six dresses in one store.
It's okay to wear a fake nose in Aberdeen, Scotland, but only if it doesn't conceal your identity.
Richmond, Virginia, prohibits anyone from flipping a coin to determine who will pay a restaurant tab.
A man may not legally wear a strapless evening gown in Miami.
In Devon, Colorado, it's illegal to walk backwards after sunset.
In Connecticut, it's against the law to play Scrabble while waiting for a politician to speak.
It's illegal to run a three-legged race for money in British Columbia.
Eating soup with a fork is against the law in New York.
It's illegal to sell used confetti in Detroit.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home