Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Woman misses her flight at the boarding gate / Wordscraper boxes

High-scoring words of the night so far:

TOKAY (153 points) - against Philip T. [5W, 2W]
AMOK (120 points) - against Itamar R. [5W, 2W]

Interesting racks of the night so far: LETAKNOB (against Karla M., Alice P., and Sara H.), ROOTPATH (against Donna G.)

I'm playing a game with Nicole B. (Game #4604153) at the moment, and we've managed to create a 4x3 box with our first few moves!

RANT
ALOE
JADE

Andrew linked me to this video of a woman in Hong Kong who missed her flight at the boarding gate, and I watched it in full screen. I don't think I've watched a video in full screen since last summer, man! "It's not MY fault I'm late, since it was the TRAIN! It's acceptable that I'm late, since I've done it before!" Yeah sure, lady... whatever you say!

Poo nugget for Tuesday, Feb. 17: Doo You Know? - Toilet Paper: Made In China - The first reference to toilet paper dates back to 589 BC, in documents by Chinese scholar Yan Zhitui. Not everyone thought this new practice was such a good idea. An Arab traveler to China in 851 BC complained that the Chinese "are not careful about cleanliness, and they do not wash themselves with water when they have done their necessities; but they only wipe themselves with paper." It would be thousands of years before the bright idea caught on in the rest of the world.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home