Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tiny oranges and rides home for downtime ROCK!

High-scoring words of the day so far:

HEISTER (1250 points) - against Danielle L. [two 2W, two 5W]
UPTOWNS (120 points) - against Raymond C. [2W, 4W]


Not too much to tell about today at church, though I did get to talk to Raymond about stuff like Fellowship. (Mom didn't like BLADE RUNNER since it was too sadistic, heh) We thought the worship team starting was just a practice, haha. Noted various grammar and spelling errors in the Powerpoint, as well. Spent time with baby Mattias, and talked to Jen and Karen about how generous Nathan's dad is: when Isabel was living there, he didn't charge her any rent! Vania offered me a tiny orange, so I took it - I didn't mind sharing Jeremy's napkin for our peels, haha. Discussed school, wasting money, Winter Conference, my blue beret (he likes it), Hong Kong, and other things with Sonny. Nate says moving will be a big pain in the butt, especially since they're both particular about their stuff. Said hi to Winnie, Tony, Tim, Joshua, Keenan, Lee, Lily, Hannah, Gavin, and Megan. Talked for a bit to Jeremy about pressed sage, carrots, cheese, and cilantro... I also convinced Eric to give me a ride home. Nathan debated skipping either Sunday School or the bylaw meeting: since there's no quorum required for the bylaw meeting, he chose to give that a miss. Then Jon and I talked to him about guilting people into doing things, even after they refused: that's SO ASIAN!

Said hi to Uncle Sam and Auntie Susanna, and had no kids today in Sunday School. Spent the time talking to Auntie Fonda about her work, fitting into a wedding dress, Auntie Catherine's eye operation, babies, Facebook, lots of weddings this summer, kids' parents, how tired she was from getting up at 4 AM since she couldn't sleep, and more. After making sure I wouldn't fall and helping me down the sidewalk, Eric inserted various gaming references on the way home, and kinda confirmed for tomorrow night, too. ("Christon has violated THE TREATY - what race are you? You're too tall and NOT green enough to be a goblin - you could be a dwarf, or maybe a gnome. KALDOREI! Maybe you're a troll or orc?!") Not a bad day, though - I have to take the bus later since Nate's car is full, and it should be fine if I leave EARLY. If I miss it, I get to wait an hour: JOY! (but how am I supposed to get home later?!) At least I have some downtime between church and the dinner!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home