Sunday, January 11, 2009

BLADE RUNNER and HORRIBLE BLOGS

Department of Redundancy Department - a quirky link I stumbled across!

Eric said things were an accident earlier, so I don't think it's a big deal. I went outside soon after that last post, and found Kaili in the car - she said Teunis had gone to the hospital's pay phone to call me since the management doesn't have the buzzer list up anymore. So on her suggestion, I began walking toward the building: good thing I spotted him halfway. Then he told me that they'd been driving with no windshield wipers from Surrey to Richmond... good thing they got it fixed before they came to my place! Spent the ride discussing Chinese Time and other adaptations of it, especially since we were about half an hour late as it was. There was also the thing where Kaili had been hallucinating STARGATE characters and such last week since she got really sick, and thought she was going to DIE! Got to Erik's, and used the dog assertiveness skills I learned in Chilliwack since the dog Lucy was at the door when he let us in. Met some woman named Erica, some dude named Scott in an In Flames T-shirt who looked as if he would crush me if I looked at him the wrong way, his girlfriend / wife (named Alicia - she was kinda sick and even brought her own Kleenex), and saw Kyle / Lindsay again.

They were watching an OLD Batman serial from the 1930s or 1940s, so that was the fare until we got hungry. Ordered five different kinds of pizza and MUG root beer (reminds me of long-ago BP orders) from Panago, then started BLADE RUNNER - Replicants, "retiring" meaning "extinction," termination dates, arousal of feelings, and bloody death via eyeball-gouging was quite the fare to prep me for another season of 24, haha. (and so did Kyle's CTU ringtone!) Teunis told the girls not to look, but I took it all in - I'm MORBID AND TWISTED! Some people were talking over the movie, which I found kind of annoying even if we DID have the subtitle option on! Was an interesting movie, however. (we broke for eating pizza and randomly talking to Krista on the phone: apparently, my dragon poster is at a condo somewhere!)

After that, someone brought up watching something called DR. HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG; I wanted to demur on the grounds that I had church in eight hours or so. Of course, this is when I thought the DVD time was really almost midnight (it was an hour out, in reality) - I could have demurred since Alicia also did on the grounds of work, but thank goodness it was only 45 minutes long! Quite quirky and musical: I liked the harmonies of the concurrent music! Death rays, laundromat girls, throwing people in the garbage, the Evil League of Evil, and more - oh my. Lindsay actually said "L O L" out loud in conversation until people told her to shush... ah well.

Talked for a little bit after the movie, and re-discovered how close Erik's is to the townhouse! I was extremely passionate when talking about Jack Bauer, haha! Then again, I also got rather vocal when Kaili was saying that Christians were hard to buy gifts for! (discussed pagan jokes and such too...) Teunis was almost snowed-in since there WERE big flakes of snow in Surrey this afternoon, not to mention the accumulated snow from the past month! (and maybe if they bug me enough, I'll show up for FIREFLY...) Now Corey's telling me about the latest on Britney Spears: "Her dad is in charge of her money and her life, by law. She's not allowed to go out, and she's not allowed to spend her own money :P As of not real long ago, she'd go out and drive her car around her neighborhood because that's all she was allowed to do or she'd get in trouble. :P And this is a grown woman with two kids..."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home