Thursday, January 08, 2009

Cards Received, 2008

Special

Janina (mrshannibal): "No bones about it: you're great!" (cute puppy card)

Melia: "Leslie, Thank you so much for the LOVE book. :) I'll let you know if Angus and I need more books on love. :P My mom started reading it after you guys left [the bridal shower]... eek! Haha! It's such a blessing to serve with you in AWANA. :) Love, Melia."


Valentine's Day

Hannah L.: a little Hello Kitty Valentine's card - how cute!

Charlotte (charshark): "Leslie... Sorry that I didn't send you a Christmas card, but I hope that this cheeky Valentine's Day card makes up for it! :P Anyways, I hope you have a fabulous day! Haha! Always, Charlotte AKA Charshark." (complete with fortune cookie: "You will have much success and happiness.... IN BED!") [she drew a heart with an arrow pierced through it, heh]


Special 2008

David Fellowship guys appreciation card


Birthday 2008

Steph: "Hey, how's it going? Ha ha ha - I thought I should start your card the way you start everyone else's! Anyway, I hope all is well in SARNE-WORLD. Remember to be productive with your time - and I'm not talking about bowel movements. Have a happy, fart=filled 32nd BIRTHDAY, YOU LARD! YOU'RE OLD!"

Billie: "Hey, Leslie. Happy Birthday! :P I FINALLY get to come to your birthday - how rad is that?! :D I wish I could get you that thing so we could commence our evil plans... but sadly find one, I cannot. :( So hopefully these pressies from me and Mum will do! :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" (she drew a star!)

Mas: "Happy Birthday. Dear Leslie, I wish all the best for you!"

Tara: "Dear Leslie - Wishing you the best on your Birthday. Love, Tara."

Vivian S.: "Happy Birthday! I hope this year is full of fun, laughter, love, and happiness! All the best!"

Teunis: "Light be with you / Shape and foam / Friendship greet you bright and warm / Laughter fill home and hall / Discoveries will bring joy after all." (he drew a dog!)

Jasmine: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Remember, with age comes experience and wisdom! (usually) I hope you have a great birthday! Jasmine." (purple / blue / pink / green)

Danielle: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! Wow! Another year wiser. :) What we really need to do is celebrate the old-fashioned way... Siu Long Bao! Anyways, I can't wait to hang out with you more in DAVID Fellowship! (I guess I'm getting older, too) :) Hope this birthday is just grand... and may God bless you as you climb up the hill. :P" (she drew / stencilled a flower!)

Citrus: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! Sorry I couldn't make it to your party. I hope you have a great party, and get the presents that you are hoping to get!"

Vanessa: "Hi Leslie! Happy birthday!!! I'm so glad we are in the same small group. :) I'm excited for this new year in David Fellowship. I hope you have an awesome and fun birthday! P.S. Thanks for always remembering my birthday. :) Love, Vanessa."

card from Candy

card from parents

Cindy: "Dear Leslie, Happy belated birthday!! You're always so great at remembering everyone's birthdays! You're amazing! So can you believe we'll be moving churches soon? We'll have to make new memories at the new location. It's been great having you in Bible Study! Love, Cindy. :)"

Dianne: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESLIE!!! Hope you had a blast on your birthday! I'm sorry I missed it, but I did see some of your pictures on Facebook. That poo book looks pretty interesting... Eeks! I can't spell... We should talk about poop sometime, since I guess we both find it a pretty interesting subject. :) Anyways - I hope you have a FANTASTIC year! Love, Dianne."


Christmas 2008

Matt K. (jarethshair): "Hi Leslie. I hope you are having a fabulous Winter Season. All the best for the New Year and beyond! Enjoy the sweets! x Matt."

Brandy (foreverintheend): "Leslie, Wishing you a wonderful holiday season! :)"

Samara (mystic_notions): "Leslie, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and I hope that 2009 is a fabulous year for you. I've had a busy year myself. Finally left retail, and got myself an office job. Take care. Samara."

Marie (reebee): "May your New Year be wonderful! Merry Christmas!" (included a DVD of A Christmas Carol)

Amanda (zuridea): "Leslie, have a Merry Christmas! I hope 2009 is even better than 2008! Best wishes!" (featured Tweety Bird... HOW CUTE!)

Sheryll (sheryll): "Leslie, you asked for random things. Is there anything more random than an onyx armadillo from Texas? Bet you don't already have one of these! :) Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year! Love, Sheryll."

Christon: "Merry Christmas, Leslie! Thank you very much for all your care and consideration every year! It's a great blessing to see you bring joy to others for their birthday and other special occasions of the year. Seeing you at Sunday Dinners is always refreshing, and I hope we will continue to get to know each other better with the coming year. Wishing you happy holidays!"

anonymous person from holiday_wishes: "Have an awesome holiday, Leslie!"

Kelli (neonrose5): "Best wishes!"

Jennifer (tehgreenfairy): "Hey Leslie! :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

Janina (mrshannibal): "Dear Leslie - Wishing you peace, love, and happiness for Christmas and throughout the new year! Enjoying our LJ talks! Love, Janina."

Jane (gi_janearng): "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

card from Marilynn (headless_maids)

John (snooooopy): "Happy holidays! Go, Canucks!"

Cindy and Dianne: "Dear Leslie, Merry Christmas! We feel blessed to have a caring friend like you. God bless you in the New Year!"

Sarah G. (Tonks): "Leslie! Merry Christmas and lots of happiness in 2009! xx Tonks."

Harmony: "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! All the best for 2009! I'm so glad you're going to be my sister-in-law! :) Love, Harmony."

card from Kenny, Winnie, Megan, and Connor

Vania: ""

Kadri (bad_habit): "Make these wafers! Happy holidays, Leslie! May your holidays be full of joy and laughter, and may the new year be kinder to you than this one has. Love, Kadri." (in brown pen - nice!)

Katya (katzk): "Dear Leslie! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! I hope the New Year 2009 will be really good for you. Snowflake-y greetings from Russia - Katya."


Total: 34


Benne (sesame) wafers

1.5 tablespoons butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar together, blend until smooth. Add the egg, flour, salt, and vanilla extract. Blend until consistent in texture. Pour in sesame seeds and mix until evenly distributed.

Using two teaspoons, drop dough onto parchment in small mounds, leaving at least two inches between them. Flatten the mounds with a spatula dipped in ice water. Bake at 350°F for about six minutes, until wafers are honey brown and are no longer puffy. Let cool on sheet for a minute or two, then remove to rack to cool completely. Store wafers in an airtight metal or plastic container.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home