Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just when I thought it went away, the snow CAME BACK!

Called Henry just after 3:30 to remind him to pick me up - he did a while later, with apologies for being a little late. Not a problem, even in the heavy rain! We're supposed to get 40 centimetres of this stuff, but then Henry and I watched the rain turn into half-solid precipitation, then into slushy snow while we discussed being stuck in it over the holidays. (plus Regina and New Year's) Rain CAN turn into snow really quickly, especially at these temperatures! We found ourselves facing the same dilemma as Eric did last night: how do we open the parkade?! I should ask my brother when he's not too busy talking to Harmony on the phone, haha - I suspect Uncle Eugene knows everything, heh. Then we tried going in the back door, only to figure that it wouldn't help since nobody was there to let us in! Of course, Henry had to help me to the church's front door once I half-slipped on something! It wasn't TOO bad, but it's still better to be safe than sorry!

Interacted with Joshua, little Eric (his brother Arthur is doing well), Hannah (sitting on the cold vent - she claimed to like it...), Ian and Sean (fruit roll-ups are cool even if they make your tongue / mouth all blue!), and some of the other kids. Auntie Vivian had some cola gummies as snacks: maybe I should get some of those at Yuen Shing / T&T if I can get out again, haha. Speaking of T&T, Chrystal asked Auntie Kam where those clubbers were - but instead got the location of the actual supermarket! HAHAHA! Then I talked to Auntie Rebecca about the multiple weddings this summer: PEOPLE, STOP GETTING MARRIED SO WE CAN ACTUALLY SAVE MONEY AND NOT GO BANKRUPT! (haha) Jon / Harmony, Andy / Megan, Ben / Erin, Edmond / Alysia, Alan / Tracy, and maybe one other couple are all getting married before September - yikes! Caught an error she made in a notice to the Awana parents: the Parent-Leader shadowing is NOT on the same day the notice was printed (today, in other words) - oh my!Auntie Rebecca thanked me, and Chrystal congratulated me on my sharp eye. I still have the touch for details: YAY! We also avoided wasting paper on extra photocopies by simply writing a 7 over the 0 in 10, so DOUBLE YAY!

Stanley is very annoyed (and may leave our church) because certain uncles think that he doesn't know what's best for the audience. HELLO?! HE IS A MUSICIAN! Wondered why Jon had Facebook, but who knows - Harmony probably pressured him, haha. Got home okay, and found messages from Teunis about tonight... called Erik to see what was up. He should be on his way, so I'll end this entry here and see what's in store for the rest of the night! (darn the inclement weather...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home