Sunday, January 25, 2009

Neptune and Pearl Castle

Off we went to Neptune Seafood Restaurant, where we watched the New York Giants in the Super Bowl last year at this time! Luckily, Grandma did NOT drop her napkin in my bowl this year! (I could see her throwing it into my bowl from across the table, perhaps) We had crab with spicy seasoning (which caused my sibs to reminisce about the time I freaked out our cousins at Congee Noodle House by eating an entire bowl of spices and mini-peppers), beef, rice, a surprising amount of greens for a Chinese meal, red bean dessert, and more stuff. The spicy seasoning was a departure from the usual green onion flavoring.

Talked about Citrus, ironing, Terrence, Joyce eating a lot, maturity, Isabel, Bon's, fruit-picking, road trips, short flights, Julie, Dylan, suburban living ("I don't live in Toronto - I really live in Etobicoke!"), the Ho family dinners, Melissa and Nathan, fairness, token gifts, songs, an amusing message from Lisa, eating, sleep schedules, spoiled kids' "entitlement" complex, no self-pity, and more. Grandma didn't seem too impressed with our joking dinner suggestions: Dragon Ball / bubble tea, pizza, hamburgers, beer, McDonalds, and general Western food aren't something she'd like. (but Justin's grandma wouldn't have minded!)

After thanking Grandma for the dinner and wishing her a Happy New Year, my siblings and I went to Pearl Castle. We laughed over how we could "Christianize" Leona Lewis lyrics: BLEEDING LOVE is great for that, haha! (or "Forgive me...") Heck, we remember when Mom thought Joan Osborne's ONE OF US would be a great God's Faithful Singers (kiddy choir) song! HAHAHAHA! Surprisingly, Steph paid for the bubs since she was craving it - I also think a time with all three of us is getting rarer these days! Christine Magee is getting married too, and Jon found Adam G. on Facebook - I remember the time he had two bubble teas in one sitting! He's not in music anymore. Fred is in Australia! Discussed plans, shaved ice, healthy eating, packing lunch as a huge production, fruit, vegetables, the families that we saw at Pearl Castle (with OLD PEOPLE even!), parenting, smart kids, Ian and Gabriel, ice cream, and other things too. The names of the items at Pearl Castle are... interesting, to say the least: YOUNG GIRL'S DREAM, PINK LADY (reminded Jon of beer, and me of the Mother-In-Law stout and bitter beer in Regina), SILVER GALAXY, ADAM'S DREAM, FIRST SIGHT, etc. I had a Banana Paradise, heh.

I reminisced about the time when I told Jeremy about taking Mom and Grandma to Dragon Ball, haha - he was right that Big G was probably one of their oldest customers ever! (Jon scared Mrs. Dragon Ball at Tom Lee yesterday!) Steph really wanted a Spoons birthday party on Valentine's Day, but I asked if she had to work: unfortunately, yes. Too bad, since most of the potential invitees would be free. Now I'm talking to Corey about the time in Taiwan when he ate crab and shrimp for Chinese New Year dinner: yup, they did have shell crackers available for his use, even if everyone else in Jane's family didn't feel like preserving their teeth!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home