Saturday, January 24, 2009

If you're the lich king, I can be crazy!

Bingo of the night so far:

ASTRINGED (78 points) - against Chelsea M. [and I won the game on that move! :D]


High-scoring words of the night so far:

BODS (110 points) - against Michael M. [5W; hook off GIVE to make a plural]
SANDMAN (144 points) - against Colin W. [two 4W]


Someone may be a nice enough person, but his spelling is starting to grate on my nerves. Ugh!

Eric picked me up tonight, and we talked about random things on the way to church. He wondered why my blog was now locked (because of STUPID KOREY), went into "lich king" mode where I had to obey whatever he said, wanted to go into "little kid" mode ("why aren't we there yet?"), and asked me random stuff. I just blamed him for certain things, haha. Apparently, he thought I had to dial my RAGE mode down: maybe so. When we got there after meeting Nathan at the door (and translating "pull it open!" for Eric from Stanley's mom), Daniel was leading the singing in the fellowship hall: I narrowly avoided sitting next to a certain person, and instead followed Eric to the very front row of chairs.

After singing the last song (Daniel kindly lent his sheet to me!), I said hi to Martin while noticing Vivian's new short haircut. Raymond said hi, so I returned the greeting in kind while I waved hello to Jen. When Dylan mentioned joining Karen's group, I was a bit anxious: thank goodness we joined Eric / Jeremy / Nathan / Danielle instead! Unfortunately, I zoned out during some of it (and even had a button pop loose from my hat), but did catch an interesting discussion about predestination and whether God chooses certain people to be saved! Jeremy said his parents were different than most others, since they wanted him and his brother to get out of the house. Johnny and I chose to "bask" in the comfy seniors' lounge chairs, and I helped Nathan get shrink wrap off his dinner by lending him my sewing scissors. Danielle was certainly surprised that I had such things, haha! At the end, Stanley was impatiently jingling his keys like he wanted us out of there, haha.

Later, I talked to Calla about Youtube / Boy Meets World / martyrs / reading / the Craigslist forums, and listened while Stanford tried to give Johnny some advice on snowboarding. Apparently, the mountains are like ice - maybe it's a good thing I'm not going to the Osoyoos retreat! After they left, Raymond and I had a nice conversation about stuff.

On the way home, Eric and I discussed how my plans actually kinda failed... yeah, but I still need to talk to Andrea! Also discussed this dream of Korey's clothes in my tub (he was wearing my PILLOWCASE!), my subconscious, FRINGE, my sister, and other things. If he goes into "lich king" mode, I have a perfect right to go into crazy mode, haha! We'll see what MissionsFest Friday holds for us, certainly! Got home to discover a message from Chinese Eric: he got my card and Vancouver postcards, appreciates them, and told me to tell my brother that he'll save the date for the wedding! I certainly will. :D

Poo nugget for this weekend: DrStool.com Questions and Answers - Why Can't You Smell Your Own Poo, But Others Can? This is one of the great mysteries of poo. Keeping track of our bowel movements is an important aspect of our everyday lives. Why else would we be programmed to take that quick glance into the toilet after a bowel movement? Surely, detection of poo's aroma would seem to be advantageous from an evolutionary perspective. For instance, serious ailments such as bleeding and infection can often produce changes in smell. Regardless, it is best to acknowledge the universal smelly nature of poo (even your own) and give a quick courtesy flush halfway through a bowel movement.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home