Monday, January 26, 2009

The Finland postcard gets here! / SCAMMERS!

High-scoring words of the day so far:

HOMER (300 points) - against Karla M. [5W]
PYJAMA (191 points) - against Alice P. [4L on P, 5W]
HALENESS (146 points) - against Heather S.-T. [4W, 2W]

I played QUAIL off Jessica D.'s QUAIL - yay for quirky coincidences!


I got a holiday_wishes postcard from Helsinki, Finland today - VERY NICE! Katariina (valkeakuulas) was amazed that I knew about Children of Bodom, hahaha. The SNOW is going to come back, so if I'm going to buy (presumably) healthy snacks for the meeting, I better do it NOW!

I also got a reply to my "housing wanted" ad from a "John Smith": "I have available bedroom flat to rent in No. 2 and Granville, Richmond, BC, [postal code deleted], double glazed windows, low voltage lighting, wooden flooring throughout, luxury fitted kitchens with integrated appliances, bathrooms with power showers, balconies, Fully Fenced Yard... these apartments are available fully furnished. The rent is 700 dollar including bills and a security deposit of 100 dollar would be made and If interested in viewing please contact me. Waiting to hear from you as soon as possible."

I'm not going to pick apart the grammar of this one, although it does sound slightly better than Amacon and their clunky wording! However, I am suspicious of anything with bad wording. Unsure if this could be a scam, although perhaps I've been reading too much about Nigeria / West Africa on the discussion forums lately! This could also sound too good to be true. Yikes... not to mention that John Smith is THE most common name EVER! My sense is high with this one... o_O

I asked at the HELP DESK forum: someone already said it sounded like a scam, and to use extreme caution if it's way below rents for that area. Ha, I knew it! Someone else said that if I think it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is just bait. I don't know THAT much about rental apartments, but all those features have GOT to cost more than $700/month in rent!

Now that the "procrastinator quiz" is working properly (meaning that "TOTAL PROCRASTINATOR" is no longer the ONLY answer), I'll post the results:




You Are a Bit of a Procrastinator



You tend to get things done in a timely manner, but you can't help but put off tasks you hate.

You have no problem getting the fun or easy stuff done. You generally enjoy taking care of responsibilities.



However, if a task arises that you dislike, it might get shelved for a long time.

And even though it's human nature to procrastinate, your procrastination is hindering your productivity.



Take a look at the things you are putting off doing. Do they really need to be done?

Complete any task that's important. The other stuff you're procrastinating is probably not worth doing.






You Are a Playwright



You are a highly literate wordsmith. You love both reading and writing.

You are also a natural storyteller. You can turn a mediocre anecdote into a riveting tale.



You find people and all aspects of life fascinating. No topic is off-limits for you.

In modern times, you would make a good filmmaker or novelist.



Hey, this actually FITS! Sweet! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home