Sunday, October 05, 2008

33 years of memories....

Bingos of the night so far:

TUNEABLY (64 points) - against Tracee T.
SOLDIERS (68 points) - against Sarah L.


High-scoring words of the night so far:

LOINS (82 points) - against Nancy B.-L. [4W, 3W; hook off the last four letters of BEAGLE to make AL / GO / LI / EN]
WIFEY (1120 points) - against Larry G. [5W, two 4W]
INTIME (200 points; two 5W), HENCE (160 points; two 4W) - against Jason J.
DASHI (225 points) - against Laurie T. [two 5W]
PIOLET (275 points) - against Bo F. [two 5W]
PLOTZES (833 points) - against Aly J. [4W, 2W, 5W]
REVOTE (275 points) - against Carey G. [two 5W]
TABLE (108 points) - against Angela V. [2W, 4W]

Amazingly enough, I managed to get through the day with minimal tiredness, but I was definitely feeling the need for a nap the last ten minutes toward home. Being stuck in traffic listening to the new contenders for the HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA theme didn't help, either. Had to nap when I got home, however.

Steph drove me and Mom to church, and we saw a number of people taking pictures when we got there. There was a special collector's bulletin with an old photo of the church building on the front. Jeremy thought that they'd glued the cover to the normal bulletin, which turned out to be true. The sanctuary definitely echoed since it was SO EMPTY - no piano, PA system, or decorations for sound to bounce off! He said he'd peeked around the corner to see the basement, and that was pretty much empty too. (which I saw for myself later on)

Talked to Raymond briefly, but not as much as I'd have liked - at least I shared amusement with Jeremy. Raymond said something about Christon's birthday which I didn't quite catch, so Jeremy relayed it to me. Yup, his birthday was JUST past! Then Jeremy said to me: "Hey, you know what has to happen now that it's his birthday!" Due to the two hours' sleep, I was more than a bit confused, but managed a smile as I asked what it meant. Ah yes, the FREE BRA - that was an epic night! Speaking of epic, Nathan's slideshow was pretty good - we all laughed at this OLD picture of Erin from YEARS ago. Steph couldn't help but identify her out loud, haha. Jon directed us to hold hands during ONE VOICE, which I didn't mind for the unity part. We also prayed for the Hakka Lutheran Church, who's going to take over the building. Lots of memories and sentiment, for sure! (said hi to Andy and Megan)

After a few reflections and memories (ah, Sunday School outings!), we went out to congregate by the (non-existent?!) dumpster one last time. Sonny waved to me for the first time without being waved TO (if that makes any sense :P), and I talked to him for a bit about school. Finally got an actual ticket from Christon for next week; Jeremy had put his money in his change purse, first taking out all other coins. I'm happy I could help him with that, heh. Raymond needed a ticket, but Maxine had left already - I hope he got one! He told me that the prawn salad had lots of mayo, and that his finger needed strength - I don't doubt that! Wished Dawn a happy birthday (25 tomorrow!), and greeted her boyfriend Eni too.

Confused Tony with Jon, calling him "ugfart" while asking about White Guy #1's whereabouts. Hey, they were both wearing blue jackets! Of course, that led Tony to wonder HOW they could be confused, and then in turn to wonder why I called Eric that! ("So who's White Guy #2 [Jeremy] or #3 [nobody yet]?") Talked to little Megan for a bit - she wanted a clean rock to show her mom, while her friend Benjamin was just randomly throwing dirt around! (Megan hid behind me) Dianne was taking pictures along with everyone else, heh. Eric said he'd dealt with the subject of his phone call last night, which was fine. At least it wasn't anything important! (no Internet can get a bit frustrating!) Discussed Phil's flu with him, as well as the corn maze literally blowing over / Tony's karate schedule.

When I got to Sunday School, Arthur was VERY bored in the empty room! Apparently, he'd wanted to know where I was - he IS a sweetheart, like Auntie Fonda says. She regaled me and Rachel's grandma with a lazy co-worker story, and I entertained the kid with the photo on the bulletin cover. Couldn't think of any games, alas! Arthur kept pointing at the picture and saying something about MOMMY - we couldn't figure out what it was, since I thought that he was saying his mom was in the picture somewhere. It could work, since he recognizes the church building! Eventually, we figured he was pointing to the cars in the picture - his mom said she didn't drive those types of vehicles, though! He also looked out of the door a lot, and held my hand.

Afterwards, I talked about colds / not being able to sleep / Harmony / insomnia / depression with Vanessa / Jon / Eric / Cindy. Friends and exercise help, I'm sure! Eventually, we went to Mui's with Cindy and Vanessa. Talked about past bad people at Sunday School; Citrus and Bryant may have had a violent fistfight once, but NOTHING beats the story of Ryan going to 7-11 during Sunday School and returning with a Slurpee! (way to make it OBVIOUS!) We can't believe how fast certain kids (Jonathan Chan, Mary, Lanie, Ian, Cynthia, John, etc.) are growing up! It was cool... but then Grandma tried to go to the hairdresser while Dad was taking care of stuff at the church. NO WAY! (I took a picture with Samantha and Rosanna in front of the building, though!) Wordscraper will definitely distract me, as will Corey thinking I can make like those people on JERRY SPRINGER! [redrum too...]


Edit at 9: The computer just restarted for the first time in about ten days. :(

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home