Saturday, October 04, 2008

Yes, we can make fun of Sarah Palin!

Decided to go to my sister's after all, and exercised my "uncanny sense of timing" by getting there just when they'd started eating. Melia and Angus were on their way out, to the Boyz II Men concert - they did contribute Timbits, however! Had a bunch of my sister's favorite foods while Citrus tried working the remote so that the actual TV would be on - the ug wanted to see the baseball score, but the recent ROCK BAND stats were on screen instead. Danielle, Cindy, Vivian, Vanessa, and Christon were also there. Later, they all played ROCK BAND while discussing things like "inside jokes" (Eric's birthday present) / "GET A ROOM!" / "DO IT NOW!" / making fun of Sarah Palin / Harmony's POO LOG gift / work / Regina / frozen yogurt / 99% chocolate (SO BITTER!) / word choice in songs (some are NOT parent-friendly! :P) / the LAST SERVICE EVER at the church building!

They had to do LIVIN' ON A PRAYER with the key changes, GIVE IT AWAY with Citrus' story about his sister from last week, WHITE WEDDING, some seven-song marathon without vocals, Journey, the Offspring, Elvis Costello, and many others. Dad made a comment about the poor neighbors, haha. He reminded us (while Christon was doing preliminary Powerpoint) that it would be the last service ever... we know! Got to talk to Harmony while Jon was doing vocals, so that was nice - Germany should be okay, even for work. Danielle kept dating herself by saying that certain songs were from high school / Alberta days, so she tried telling everyone that I was older than she was. I had an instant excellent comeback: "Yeah, but I'm not the one dating myself!" (Christon said it was a good one, and everyone laughed) Dad thought she was older than Daniel - um, no. Generally, she gets "senior" or "baby." Viv drove me home on her way to BBT with Steph, and I found that Eric had called. I'll see what he wanted tomorrow, I guess!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home