Saturday, July 05, 2008

Playing CRANIUM can be lots of fun!

Dylan picked me up yesterday at the appointed time - I love his computerized car! It has a gauge that tells you how many kilometres you have until your gas tank is empty: that is sweet! Talked about banking, cards, the church, weddings (the same church as last week?!), our plans, and sushi. I didn't realize that Bentei Sushi was near the old Honbo restaurant - that place was BAD! Jeremy came later, but we all had a good time - especially with the "green union" typo on the menu! We wanted to order a party tray, but settled for a "love set" instead, haha. Sashimi, red snapper, tempura, and more were represented - yay for good times! I told the guys how I hated fish paste, but loved fish balls - yes, I realize they're made of fish paste. :P (must be a texture thing - Dylan can articulate why he doesn't like certain foods, too!)

Told them about Pizza From Hell - maybe it's spicy stuff! We joked that we should order from them for the next church picnic; that would be very amusing! I had trouble getting some wasabi, but it was all right; just as it was okay that I didn't take the spare chair next to Kevin when we first sat down. (Dylan thought it would be easier for me, and he was right) Told Raymond that I'd started a new Scrabble game - hey, his 36-point word was very cool! We wondered where Cindy was; later, Andrea told us that she'd been to the bubble tea place, and apparently hadn't gotten any of the Evites / messages / emails we'd used to communicate. Yay for Dine Here reviews! There's another Bentei in Burnaby, apparently. Talked about how Jeremy needs to gain weight, work, metabolism, working out, how I know why workouts are important after you turn a certain age, and Raymond's football injury. (he got the doctor to splint it for him the next day!)

We were going to go for drinks later, but Andrea invited us to hang with her group at Chuck's to play board games. That sounded cool to us, so we accepted. Walked from a parking lot to the apartment building - Raymond and I talked about going downtown, Granville, Georgia, Dunsmuir, Smithe, Seymour, Pacific Centre, and more. Met Connie, Andrea, and Chuck there - Stanford came later on. (what a name!) Chuck selected music - yay for Pearl Jam, Matt Redman, Switchfoot, and more! He also chose the BLEEDING LOVE song. After some snacking on fruit and junk food, we played a new version of CRANIUM with a black-silver box. Jeremy and I were thinking the same thing: "WORLD OF WARCRAFT?! WHAT?!"

It was a fun game - Chuck looked up all the songs they didn't know on Youtube! Raymond's humming of Nirvana's COME AS YOU ARE was so off, Dylan and I couldn't figure it out! Andrea stopped the video for the Scorpions' ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE halfway through since she said it was too much (glam) rock, Jeremy and I knew about Jack and Meg White's real relationship, we discussed ROCK BAND / GUITAR HERO, and we listened to Bon Jovi's YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME. The performances were fun, and I was an asset in the yellow section! (word worm!) They trusted me instead of flipping over the card to see the answers, haha! While sipping our Canada Dry ginger ales, Jeremy and I remembered the conversation we had some time ago about octothorpes - that was cool! I get my vocab from reading and general knowledge, not necessarily from being a geek! We had fun being goofy and such - Andrea drove me home, so that was good too. Watched THE WORLD'S MOST SHOCKING MOMENTS CAUGHT ON TAPE this afternoon, hehe. :D


In my current game with George, the words can go into sentences: The tiny dean sealed the shine with gel and sings about hams. No solving riot and ire with a Euro. Haha, so amusing. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home