Sunday, July 20, 2008

Let's try not to wander off next time, hmm?

Eric called me at about 9:30 this morning, and reminded me to pack a lunch: sandwiches, yogurt, peanuts, bottled water, and pumpkin seeds it was! I brought some reading material (FOLLOWING FOO: THE ELECTRONIC ADVENTURES OF THE CHESTNUT MAN - twins!) along as well. We were both late in getting out of our respective abodes, and our timing wasn't helped by the fact that we had to pick up Maisie from the church, and then get lost on the way there! At least we discussed the usual crazy things on the way over! (such as DARK KNIGHT, my fault for everything, etc.)

When we finally got to the canyon (no Grand Boulevard!), Maisie wandered off without telling us where she was going - Eric and I hadn't even exited the car yet! So then we spent additional time looking for her and apprising Dylan of the situation. When she finally wandered up to us at the picnic area, we all went down again. Deb was kind enough to stay with me after I decided I'd had enough of hiking - no rails? You gotta be kidding me! Dylan later told me that I'd been very wise, since there was a very steep part later on in the path / trail that had no rails or anything. (and here I was afraid I'd get splinters!) Talked about Francine Rivers, Biblical characters, reading, phone calls, rudeness, quiet time, jackfruit chips, being in shape (so not me!), and other things before everyone else joined us for lunch. Dawn's boyfriend Eni said hi, so I talked to him for a while - Chuck is a big goofball, and lived up to that quite aptly, haha!

Eric and I left after I ate a sandwich with mayo, mustard, sub sauce, ham, and various veggies - we got to church just in time for worship practice. We saw Stanley pull in behind us, so I jokingly told his dad that he mustn't let his son drive ever again! Stanley: "Don't worry, things are all right - I didn't hit anything on the way over!" Well, I certainly hope not! While I was at the church, I decided to use the phone in order to call Teunis; I had to find out what was going on with this barbecue thing that Krista had mentioned. Thankfully, the time had been changed - good thing he could give me a ride! Going home, Eric thought I was going to contribute kegs to the party - I DON'T THINK SO, BUDDY! :P

Teunis picked me up at 6:30 (a break from my depressing visitor!), and we went to Steveston after stopping at Save-On Foods for some stuff. I got to meet a bunch of cool people (Robin / Vanessa / Erik), and watch SKY HIGH: superheroes to the rescue! Watched videos on Youtube, discussed geeky things, shared lightbulb jokes, had salmon / skewers / vanilla ice cream / berry pie / Ikea flavorings (linden berry?) / salad / ginger ale, and laughed a fair bit at various jokes. Thanks for the good time out!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home