Sunday, July 06, 2008

"I'm not special enough to be on the mass email list!"

Went to church early with my family, so went to sit and rest in the basement with Cordia (on piano), Citrus (playing some ZELDA-like game on his cell phone), and Chris (resting head on table). Jessica joined us later, and I gave Chris and Cordia their birthday cards. Cordia marveled at the amount of tape I'd sealed hers with, and commented to Jessica that she couldn't dismember it. Seizing the opportunity for a morbid conversation with one who's just like me (demonic laughter goes here), I remarked that an envelope doesn't have limbs, which would be a prerequisite for dismemberment. She knew that, of course - too bad she couldn't actually do it, though! That would be something... an envelope with limbs, oh my!

Raymond and I talked about what we'd done yesterday: I'd watched part of THE GREEN MILE, and a bit of AGNES OF GOD - murders in convents, ahoy! Talked about Benjamin for a bit, and about the church being on the news. We knew that at least one Pho place was dodgy / shady a LONG TIME AGO! He said that the police were asking my dad if we had any surveillance cameras - he was about to say definitely not, haha. Later, John said that the news was kind enough to just show the building from certain angles, and not show the actual name - phew! Maybe our new location will be better, unless there are Pho places around! Reminds me of the time when Adela saw someone with a gun at the shady Pho, heh. John thought that he'd actually see a chalk outline of a dead body, oh my.

Jeremy noticed "NO CLASS TODAY" in the bulletin written next to the Sunday School announcements, and remarked that it could also be applied to the church picnic... "Picnic at Belcarra Park - NO PICNIC TODAY!" I joked that it could be applied to the short-term missions blurbs on the other side, haha. "NO TRIPS TO HONG KONG OR THE INNER CITY TODAY!" Had the communal Communion again today, which was cool. Started a series on Deuteronomy - why not? Keenan and Joshua were being cute, so Danielle and Vanessa took pictures. Sought Eric out after service, and we made plans which took longer than usual to effect because offering took a long time to count today!

Talked to the kids (Hannah with dolphin stickers, Annie's Chinese-Scottish kids Ewan and Rowan, Nicholas, Benjamin, Noah) in the back parking lot. Told Billy that his son Noah had dropped his pacifier and such on the ground - not good for babies! Tony remarked that Jon was gone, and almost thought I was referring to his and Harmony's 400th anniversary! "What?! It's been 400 years, and they're not married yet?!" (I was really talking about another road trip they took to Quebec to celebrate that city's 400th) Met Tony's brother Sonny, who's here for school in the fall. After saying hi to Mike (with his keychain loop around his head - NICE LOOK!), I was talking to Darren about the mass email my sister sent out yesterday. Chris remarked that HE got that email, and Darren lamented his exclusion from the list! A bunch of people went to McDonalds, and I waited for Eric till 12:10-ish. It was good to ride with him - I'll have to do so next week too! (darn board meetings... heh)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Flami--
I’m currently working with Hasbro, Inc. and Electronic Arts Inc. on their new SCRABBLE ® game for Facebook.

I found your site a while ago while searching for people who are big fans of playing Scrabble on Facebook and want to invite you to be part of an exclusive closed BETA test of the new SCRABBLE® game for Facebook.

If you accept the invitation, I hope you’ll share your experience with your site’s readers. And, of course, we’d also love for you to share your thoughts on the game with us directly.

If you’re interested in becoming one of the first to play EA’s new SCRABBLE game for Facebook, simply reply (please include your blog name) and I’ll send you quick directions for joining the BETA test.

Thanks so much for your time—
Best,
Victoria@rocketxl.com

Monday, July 7, 2008 at 6:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Flami said...

Thanks, Victoria. I'll look into it!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at 2:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home