Saturday, April 05, 2008

You'd threaten a call centre person with slitting their throat?!

Today's been crazy! Went to Pho for dinner, and met up with Jen and Karen there. We discussed hair in food, spring rolls, salad rolls, lychee / rambutan, ringtones, takeout orders, how you hate your own voice on tape, nicknames, Greg, Ivan, dating, squealing, certain items, and other such things. Korey and I then went downstairs, where I took attendance and said hi to Lucas, who was passing through the basement with a Papa John's pizza box. Greeted Karen Lew, Christon, Sam, Joe, Auntie Esther, Uncle Daniel, and Auntie Christina. Since K wanted to move up to the front, I went with him after the singing. (he wanted to hear me sing, haha) Moving to the front WAS better if you wanted to hear the panel discussion, and communicate using non-verbals, however. It was an interesting discussion about careers and such! (Call centre people get the weirdest threats ever! "I'll slit your throat since I know your last name and where you live!" Oh my.)

Talked to people about Scrabble, tea, surprises, arrangements, parents, water, cheese, crackers, holding / squeezing hands (interesting text messages, indeed), and other things. When Jon came downstairs, I wondered where Jeremy was since I hadn't seen him! Turns out he has a drumming jazz gig - "if you tried to call him, that's why he's not answering!" No, I haven't called him in a while - I just noticed he wasn't there! He's gotten my message about Steamworks (Korey's idea!), but said he and Nate were going to a Buttless Chaps concert later - next time, maybe! At first, I was surprised when K suggested it... mainly because he called Steamworks "Stout" and then "that place where you get drunk." Jon joked that I got drunk in multiple places - oh, do shut up, you ugfart! :P

Discussed stuff with the "different woman" Teresa, who feels Andrea judges and criticizes a lot - "the King and Queen don't know Jesus, and she thinks my boyfriend Michael doesn't know her! She thinks I'm not a Christian, but I've been one since Grade 6! People won't let me do my job!" Hmm. Andrea said something about how Chuck's birthday is April 25, but he's going away till the 20th - I'll see about the birthday thing later! Speaking of Teresa, she said she didn't want to meet Korey since she already has a boyfriend, and implied that she wasn't interested in going out with anyone else. "He's your boyfriend, and I have one!" Hahaha, oh dear. Gotta tell this to my siblings, though it isn't as funny as the time she took Jeremy's joke of "we drink at bars twice a day!" literally! Then I good-naturedly bugged Nai Chiu about not helping Benedict with a stack of Bibles - "I tell him where to put them!" Haha, okay!

After going upstairs and hanging with the Resonate people for a while (said hi to Sam's brother Jeremy / Joey / Vanessa / Melia / Angus / Mike / Jason L. / Stanley / Ivan), I said hi to Sabrina. I spotted Henry in the crowd upstairs, and confirmed plans for tomorrow - he has to tutor, but it's close to my place and I don't mind being a bit late! Yay for friendly claps on the shoulder! Clara was blocking the car, whoops. Met Auntie Rebecca at the gas station, which was interesting. Stopped by Dragon Ball; discussed anger, apologies, amusing suggestions, care, flavors, hanging up, ethnicity, church, stress, Erin, and other things. Not TOO bad a night on the whole...


I was also at London Drugs recently, and noticed two new Pringles flavors: Blazing Barbecue and Dill Pickle. Interesting stuff...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home