Sunday, March 30, 2008

I can't believe 300 coins fit into my wallet!

I have 69 spam messages right now. The immature person in me wants to laugh SO hard about it! (it's the same kind of humor as "Lickman Rd." being absolutely hilarious!)

Went to Awana this afternoon; Ian told his mother and me not to talk, but to let him sleep instead! We tried pointing out the pink blossoms on the trees to him as we were talking about the snow and hail, since he said something about "winter in March." Haha, he's a cute kid! (so is his brother Sean - who has apparently picked up some new vocab according to his dad - "hi / how are you?") Ada mentioned talking to Henry about driving me to Awana [which he agreed to later] since Sean's swimming time has been changed, but they can drive me back - one car instead of two will be easier on them, especially with gas prices at 123.3! There were two new kids today, named Stephanie and Cynthia. Amos, Andrew, Jason, Golden, Melia, and Auntie Vivian all seemed amazed at the amount of change I was carrying today - I'm surprised that nearly 300 coins fit into my wallet, to be QUITE honest! (talked to Mike and Joey about the skating event - barely any hockey or broomball?!)

We got change rolls and started counting the coins out... as I expected, I was able to consolidate all the change into something eminently more portable involving bills and fewer than 12 coins. Sean wanted some of my candy, so I gave him a couple of Mott's Fruitisations snacks. I also gave some candy and a Care Bears notebook to Hilary, while opening a snack package for Ian. Their dad John seemed surprised that I carried large sewing scissors: "Guess I'd better not make you angry!" he joked. I told Ada that I had a LOT of stuff with me: scissors, notebooks, pens, candy, calculator, felts, birthday cards (which I should really give my sibs tomorrow), aspirin, gum, stickers, etc. There were the days that I carried a hole punch and a stapler with me too, along with pencil crayons and such! (better prepared than Rich on some weekends, I was!)

Got home and checked MSN; I received a few offliners from Chinese Eric: "Yo, Leslie! I have to say a thousand sorry for NOT contacting you sooner...... just bug Nate! He knows, la... haha! I hope things are progressing WELL with Korey....... You can always drop me a line whenever you like, and I will try to reply as soon as I can. I have to say that I have learned a lot in the short time I've had in Hong Kong... I will continue to GROW in the meantime. I so, so wish I can share the experience with you and my other GOOD / COOL pals back home. I hope things are also going well with Jon and Harmony. I know Nate is coming to visit in June, and before he leaves Hong Kong, I will send off a MESSAGE to have him bring back to you guys back home, la! Have a good night! OUT!" Haha, always good to hear from him!

Discussed Drawball with Corey, as well as privacy / ink / Xenu / Scientology / monitors / keyboards / bubble tea. Also had a good conversation with Karen about friends, my vocab, my being smart (sister's said so!), Steph's love for me, my observations and patient explanations of humor, promises, lunch, personal stuff, my worthy reputation, greetings, and more. Apparently, my mom's got me a "Cougar in a Can" - along with candy and two or three pairs of shoes, to recall my childhood where I'd have a few pairs at a time. (I could wear one shoe from each pair, haha)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home