Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby name changes! / February-March 2008 BBT Tally / Major word points!

Mike T. has added me to Facebook - cool to have Kunzite1 on board!

On the way to church, my family and I discussed hockey ("here... you can have the lead too... we don't care...") / Vanessa / guys / girls / skating / regularity / work / Paris changing the accounting system / morale. I was calm when my grandma asked me about my boyfriend's whereabouts. "Where is your boyfriend?" "He's in Victoria." "By himself?!" "No... he's with White Kid. [Eric M.]" She did recognize him at dinner this past Monday, of course... I should have gotten him to say "How are you, Grandma?" in Chinese, haha. (that would have gone over pretty well, I think!) Then she noticed one of Jon's CDs, and wondered how much one of them usually cost - thank goodness it's from the library, and not his own personal collection! I'm not so sure she'd find a problem with that, haha. (waved to Joey and Emily on our way to park the car)

Said hi to Kevin and Raymond, and asked how skating had been. Raymond was pretty sore (discussed Scrabble / words / games / Earth Hour), but told me that Eric had come dressed in full hockey gear including helmet - you can definitely tell that Diven loves hockey! Greeted Christon / Martin / Dylan / Calla / Cindy / Danielle, but didn't have time to say hi to David and his son Ian. Sam told me that he'd received a longer official letter about Darfur and such from the prime minister's office too - that's good! The sermon was about sloth - Steph wished Jon were there to take it in, haha. (we learned later from Jeremy that he attended Ray's church this morning... an anti-Olympics sermon sounds interesting, especially if the senior pastor's recent sermon was PRO-Olympics!) Gave Steph a bunch of greeting cards - yeah, the pile's thick, but it does cover three months! Learned that baby Christopher's name has been changed officially to Connor Samuel - it's a good name! Jeremy hadn't gone skating yesterday as he'd had inventory - they'd finished counting the items with five minutes to spare, which sounds good.

Went out to the back parking lot, where I hailed Tony when I saw him with Ivan, Sam, his brother Jeremy, Mike, Jason, and others. Luckily, the "no sleep between work and church" days are behind him now! Jeremy said that he and Jon were meeting up with a few people to go to the Whip at 4 - even I know it's gotta be a Cask Night! This one involves mead, which Jeremy says is quite rare - hey, you might as well go for the honeyed wine then! Wish I could have gone just for the rarity, but my brother was NOT around... good to save money, too! Guess I'll have to ask the guys about it later. Looked in at baby Allison, who was awake - Mike made a jokingly disparaging comment about how she looked like her dad Jeff, so his wife Anita playfully punched him. Phil and Grace gave little Hannah a birthday present, and I followed suit with a birthday card - we all got hugs from her! Lily says most of the kids are sick, so it'll be an adults-only dim sum lunch for Hannah! Briefly talked to Tracy, who's back for a week - saw Eunice, Mike T., Emily, Brian, and others. Lucas, Nathan, and I talked about the LOUD guitar - way too loud for little Keenan's ears, for sure! (it drowned out practically everything else on the new song, DEVOTION!)

Went to Sunday School, where no kids were there yet! Auntie Fonda told me to go help Michelle L., which I did. (sat on a blue Awana box) The lesson was on love... Lawrence: "Do robbers love us?" Rachel was crying since her grandma wasn't there, Noah and Evelyn seemed to talk to me in an okay tone, and Johnny was a bit restless! Little Sean seemed okay, and liked flipping through his Cubbies book. He told me "goodnight," haha. Unfortunately, he also got stuck in a chair since he was trying to go through the hole the wrong way (up instead of down) - the thickness of his jacket didn't help matters, poor kid. :( When I went to grab Cindy - Michelle C. said that Auntie Bessy was in China - Evelyn's sister Gwyneth asked what I was doing at their classroom, haha. We extricated Sean from the chair, told him that things were okay and not to cry, tried keeping order with the other eight kids, and I asked Sean a few questions that he understood. ("Do you like the pictures?" "Yes." "Do you want to color?" "No." "Are you okay now?" "Yes.") His mom Ada came in and comforted him further - I told Jeremy about the whole episode later, and he said that kids will learn through experience; too true!

After that, I thanked Cindy for helping... then I asked Edward for a Sour Key. David's lollipop and the kids' Ritz Cheese minis made me hungry, haha. Saw Michelle's sister-in-law Venus, whom I haven't seen in YEARS! (I mistook her for Michelle's sister Jessie, whoops) She asked me where Vernon was - man, it's been THAT long?! Told her simply that a bunch of people had switched churches a few years ago, without giving her any specific reason - I'll definitely catch up with her some other time! Her nephews Ryan and Ethan were spinning walnuts with eyes (which they got from Children's Worship) on a table - Quan commented that Nathan's was SO COOL when I got outside!

Sean's brother Ian told me that they were going to iCafé for lunch when pressed for a more specific restaurant name - that's cool! He likes drinking milk there, he tells me; I had to call Sean's name a number of times to get him to stay in the basement! Hien was bugging Rich by trying to hit him on the head, and Stanley practically tackled him! (Me: "You're worse than my brother, man... what are you doing?!" Stanley: "No, I'm not!") On my way outside, I saw Henry and confirmed what Ada had told me yesterday - all things are a go, which is good. Friends help each other, for sure! (Jonathan Chan says that he showers twice a day, and terms himself "a parasite in the bathtub," hahaha - he says that Lawrence and other guys don't shower in the morning!)

Went outside and talked to Jeremy for a bit about cooking lunch, then I joined Steph / Mike / Sam / his brother Jeremy / Tony / Danielle / Vanessa in a conversation about hockey and skating. Later, Tony and I talked to Adam and Andrew about WARCRAFT / Facebook ("another kind of evil," Tony says) / Texas Hold 'Em poker / getting a quarter for folding in Absolute Poker / gaming. When the twins left, Tony and I rejoined the previous group - when Danielle, Steph, and Vanessa had a bit of a private conversation (barely six inches away) about guys / girls / boundaries / support, the guys decided to have their own "private" talk about how WEIRD Vanessa was! ("Who would wear a pink scarf with a brown bag and a ponytail?!") Tony and I were simply amused at what Mike and Sam were saying, haha. I talked to Eric T. about his grad recital: it's changed times to a Friday night, so he figures not as many people will be able to make it out to his NON-PAYING GIG! Continued discussion with the girls once the guys left, and Mike said that he couldn't say "dad" to his sisters since they weren't with our group - true! (Steph asked me where our dad was, before seeing him go to TD Bank with Katherine - apparently, that got robbed on Tuesday!) We went to Mui's for lunch, where we discussed marriage / the kids / skating / Noah falling a lot / support / challenge / listening / serving / Priscilla being competitive / other topics. Got my shoes and Cougar in a Can, too.

HA! I just played the word PUSHY for 59 points, hooking off FARE and utilizing a Triple-Word Score in the process! :D (and QUASI for 66 points, utilizing both a double-word score and a triple-letter score on the Q!) [against Lynne J. and Pat K. respectively]


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, FEBRUARY 2008 (2)

strawberry @ Big Orange (Monday, February 11)
green apple @ Big Orange (Tuesday, February 26)


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, MARCH 2008 (4)

strawberry-banana @ Big Orange (Saturday, March 22)
mango @ Peanuts (Sunday, March 23)
mocha @ Big Orange (Tuesday, March 25)
honeydew @ Big Orange (Wednesday, March 26)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home