Monday, April 14, 2008

Grandma should eat rice at lunch, and buy whole durians!

Hey, Kelly added me on Facebook - sweet!

Went out for lunch at Chen's Noodle House (where Harmony almost got launched across the room that time :P) with Mom, Grandma, and Jon... we had wonton in soup, Shanghai noodles, hot and sour soup, SLB, and more stuff. Jon and I amused ourselves by playfighting, and telling Grandma that she should drink coffee, eat rice at lunch instead of noodles, drink tiger balm medicine which she gave Jon for a headache caused by oversleeping, drink wine, and other such stuff. When we went to Great One to buy things later, Grandma bought me strawberry Pocky (I've had enough chocolate Pocky lately :P), and stood our teasing about how she should buy Jon a whole low-leen (durian) - hahaha. We saw cherimoya, Chinese snacks, Gummy Choco, fish heads, and more! Jon also amused himself by telling Mom that while she and Dad were away on their European cruise, he and Steph would have a lot of parties! When told that Grandma would be there, he said that she could join in on the fun! Sounds like an excellent idea to me, haha - I've been warned against having K there at any point, but I don't think that'll happen since he IS in Abbotsford, after all.

Mom wanted me to print out a picture of Angus for Auntie Eva, and told me that Alan and Tracy's wedding was on June 27 / 2009. I remember reading that on Facebook, yes. She warned me about that because of any wedding I might want to have in that month, I think! We also saw Belly Dance belts (let's raise the BLING quotient in our lives! :P), clothing galore, and fleece pants at the $10 store near Staples / TD Bank. Grandma asked me a bunch of stuff about "my friend," and I told Jon that Jason L. and Myles had a friend on Facebook with the same exact name as he. It IS a common enough name, especially on that site - guess we weren't too surprised. Dropped Jon off at Viva Java before he had to study and teach, and figured that I might have dinner here at the townhouse. Good thing I can rename tags and do things much quicker on Steph's Firefox! Note to self: Ask people about blankets and such later! (talking to Corey, as well)

Now I have Sheryl Crow's Strong Enough in my head, thanks to a conversation I'm having with someone:


Album: Tuesday Night Music Club

God, I feel like hell tonight
Tears of rage I cannot fight
I'd be the last to help you understand
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Nothing's true and nothing's right
So let me be alone tonight
Cause you can't change the way I am
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave

I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
It's try and love me if you can
Are you strong enough to be my man?

When I've shown you that I just don't care
When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and I can't stand
Will you be strong enough to be my man?

Lie to me
I promise I'll believe
Lie to me
But please don't leave



Edit: Dinner was cool - watched baseball / Ottawa-Pittsburgh playoff hockey / Nashville-Detroit playoff hockey (two Predator goals in nine seconds, AND an empty-netter with 20 seconds left in regulation?!), and heard that Dave Nonis (former Canucks GM) got fired. Discovered that my dad thought I'd be in Abbotsford or Chilliwack... nope! Jon wanted Grandma to dance, and said that he'd go to Steveston Library later. Too bad Ironwood has that wedding MC book... Marpole does too, but it's in Vancouver. Joey doesn't strike Jon as a person who likes to read, heh - Vania, yes; Joey and some other people, not so much! :P Jon also went to a Darfur rally yesterday, and picked up a bunch of postcards - I signed one, which he'll mail for free! Gotta love mail to politicians from that aspect, haha. Now I'm getting called to do dishes - okay, I'm COMING!

Karen also emailed me: Thursday should be fine for lunch, if she can't make Wednesday. Same time, same place... same Bat-Channel! :D (her back and shoulder were really sore - dang!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home