Sunday, April 13, 2008

Divas and Lent / Bench-clearing brawls in amateur hockey?!

Hey, Candy added me to Facebook, and Hien added me to MSN - sweet! :D

Bingos of the day so far:

DIVALENT (68 points) - against Guy M.
UNTIRED (70 points) - against Pat K.
HEADIEST (72 points), NEPHRITE (92 points) - against Alice P. in the same game!


My parents took me to church, which was a surprise - at least I got to talk to my brother before he left! I took the West 49th hoodie, and Mom wondered what size that was. My sibs obviously knew it wasn't mine, but it did keep me warm during the first part of the day! When Eric saw it later, he wondered if I'd joined the military since I was in camouflage... well, it isn't actually mine, so maybe K's done that instead! (haha) Raymond described a bench-clearing brawl in amateur hockey to me... the female goalie wanted to join in, but the opposing (male) goalie signaled to her that it wasn't the best idea! Definitely not, especially if the ref is punching people to keep order! No wonder Raymond's friend wants better refs as he noted on an evaluation form! Raymond said he was running out of words in our Scrabble games, so of course I'll start a new one after we're done our existing two! (I finish / force wins on most of my games these days, even if I'm getting thrashed soundly by people whom I have no business playing!)

Jeremy said that he'd bought ingredients for another batch of beer yesterday, to be brewed today - Grace found that amusing, heh. Jon clarified what Raymond had told me about the format of the Sunday Dinners changing: maybe we'll actually HAVE one in the future, haha! (that, and he'll get the David people to do something instead of just him and Jer) Said hi to Uncle Peter (whom Raymond accidentally called Uncle Daniel), Ivan (who tapped me on the shoulder), Christon, cute Hannah, Calla, Johnny, Phil, Eddie, Eunice, and others. The sermon was partly on friendship, and I found myself thinking of Alex - he was a good friend, indeed! Wonder what happened to him... Went to the back parking lot and listened to Mike tell Anita and Jeff that baby Allison would learn a lot when she started to babble - hey, linguistics and morphemes can tell a lot! Mel and Frances had brought baby Micah, and I saw the older kids in the lot too - Karen marveled at the number! Made plans with Eric, which were carried out after Sunday School and playing with Edward (trying to hide under his hoodie) / Gwyneth / Rosanna / Samantha. (also said bye to Andrew)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home