Sunday, March 02, 2008

Vegetarian lasagna with eggplant? Interesting!

Christon, Jon, and I walked to Jeremy's - after not speaking into the intercom, we were let in after clarification. It was an eminently walkable distance! (and I even found that to be true later on - alcohol makes me more winded / GIDDY, for some reason :P) This was like the earliest Sunday dinner ever since Jeremy had been making stuff in the afternoon for us. Had Black Bear stout (8.1% alcohol), Hogs Heaven barley wine (9.2% alcohol), and a thimbleful of Scotch (40%) - Jeremy joked about having Christon try his 75% Appleton rum, but we didn't think that would be a good idea. Talked about drinking stories, Russia, Jen / Desmond, Guinness, Ireland, smuggling scruffy Irish lads, spam (recipes), kimchi, gummi bears and Chinese powder, TASTE OF THE WORLD, kickboxing, Fred, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Teresa, Ministry of Prayer, Mei Lin liking THERE WILL BE BLOOD, P.E. teachers and laps, Christian schools, and more. Jon figures his yellow Al Snow T-shirt wouldn't be appropriate, or the Teen Girl shirt - this was prompted by a call Nathan made, saying he'd lost his Strong Bad hat at the coffee shop. The lasagna had eggplant and tofu, and the salad had lentils in it - pretty good stuff!

Jeremy joked that he'd consumed some alcohol before we came over to make himself more sociable - that's one way to push your boundaries and work on your weaknesses! We remembered what Phil had said about his being an introvert married to an extrovert - Jon figures he and Harmony are a introvert / extrovert couple, while I thought that my own relationship was like that. I told Jeremy that Nathan hadn't seemed to know that Isabel was away, which he found funny - sure, there were times when he figured Darryl was away only after a couple of nights spent alone, but you'd think Nate would at least pick up on it even if she was just living in a room of the house! Ray himself was away at a conference, so he couldn't help eat the massive leftovers - four jars of soup, two meals' worth of salad, and over half the lasagna? I myself told Jeremy that I'd be willing to take some leftovers home and help him out that way, but I wouldn't be around this week - Christon picked up on that and asked what I'd be doing, so I told him. Maybe it'll actually go well, haha. (no price difference for Monday vs. Tuesday...) Talked about traffic, Johnny Cash / San Quentin / Folsom Prison / UGM on the way home - A BOY NAMED SUE is hilarious, and so is the "San Quentin, I hate every inch of you" song! [Dan also added me to Facebook - sweet!]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home