Saturday, March 01, 2008

FIRE! / Comparing death to dead goldfish? What a concept! / Wednesday 13

I had a weird dream sequence that involved seeing ten fireball explosions featuring cars and prison on TV. Steph was also there, and I slept in her room. Later, we wondered whether Raymond would join us for a meal at the house - Dad thought it was too early at 7:16 AM. No idea where that came from!

Went to Awana, where I waved to Angus on his way out of the church. I went downstairs and took a seat by Amos / Andrew while nodding hi to Henry. Everyone asked us about pencils - the can of 30 disappeared! I took the stapler away from Jason when he seemed a little too gung-ho about mock-stapling his brother's uniform, so Andrew joked that he was being controlled. No, but I do expect them to maintain a certain level of decorum around the kids! Melia presented the wordless book (black, red, gold, green, white) and asked the kids what the color red made them think of. They said BLOOD, but Andrew whispered to me and his friends that it meant a period! Yes, quite... the kids don't need to know about it yet, though. Although the older girls like Stella / Meg / Zoe are ten or so... maybe they DO know about it! (I am aware that Julie C. does!) When Melia asked the kids what was green and grows (expecting such answers like vegetables and trees), one of the kids said the chalkboard did! Not quite... Jason turned to me and joked, "The HULK!" Hahaha, for sure!

Danny helped the guys with some graphing equations - I am not a math person, but let Amos borrow my calculator to figure out game stuff. Samantha came downstairs and complained that running up and down the stairs drained her energy - first, it was a pair of black scissors that were crooked and didn't work well. I threw those in the garbage, and let her select another pair from the box. Then she went downstairs again, saying that Emily thought her new purple / orange scissors were too funky - those were the ones you use for cutting fringes! Eric told me that they were discussing interesting things upstairs, such as the Awana choir and a scavenger hunt when it gets consistently nice outside - that'll be fun times! Zoe didn't want to be in the Awana choir, but her mom signed her up for it anyway - no wonder she tried cutting her mom's signature off the consent form!

Amos and I were amused by one kid's response to the gospel message: Angela's six years old, just for reference. "She knows about Heaven, but doesn't believe Jesus died on the cross to cleanse us from our sins. Yet, she doesn't want to go to Heaven. She doesn't understand death, and compares it to dead goldfish - you can always buy more fish, right?" Jordan was very active today, as were Eric and Matthew. After Awana was over, I told Jordan to stop punching people. He said he was mad at Andrew: apparently, Andrew's from the future... and the future is poison! At Amos' prompting, I asked Jordan if he could tell us the future: nope. Went home with Ada, and discussed eating giant things / awesome toys / the light / night time / going home with her sons Sean and Ian. (Chris played "thumb war" with them, and Sean let me hold his hand!)

Windows has also proved oddly stable - I was expecting it to restart on me while I was out, but it hasn't happened yet. That makes a total of quite a few hours that it's been on without constant crashing behavior (10:20 AM till now), but that still doesn't mean it WON'T happen or won't be acting weirdly. Sweet stability for now, though! :D

This just in from Steph: Grandma's birthday dinner will be next Saturday, after Awana. That's good, as it ensures Jon and I can make it to Jeremy's tomorrow night. Big G might think it's bad luck, but meh. Steph will be at First Aid all day tomorrow like she was today. After next week, we have a two-week Awana hiatus because of Spring Break and Easter!


Hey, Julie S. sent me some Wednesday 13 music! Sweet titles for these 13 tracks! Always good to have another person who listens to stuff like KMFDM and Lords of Acid. :D (have sent an email to Corey about it, since the YouSendIt links expire after seven days, and are good for 100 downloads)

Morgue Than Words
American Werewolves in London
My Home Sweet Homicide
Faith in the Devil
Happily Ever Cadaver
Curse of Me
Haddonfield
Too Much Blood
Till Death Do Us Party
Buried With Children
Kill You Before You Kill Me
Die, Sci-Fi
Burn The Flames

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home