Saturday, March 08, 2008

Pregnancy dreams / Chilliwack trip

This is a scattered update on my trip to Chilliwack to see K while his cousins aren't here. Got to the Chilliwack bus depot earlier than I expected on Monday evening, so spent time reading about the Hillside Strangler until the place closed with the arrival of a Vancouver bus at 9. Fortunately, it was lit outside so I could continue reading - K pulled up in a cab, and asked me how it was going - not too bad, thanks. Went to the house, and met a couple of people - then K and I had to talk about some stuff. Later, he went upstairs for a bit, then came downstairs and announced that we were going to pick up some Wendy's food using a cab: "You had SUN CHIPS for dinner... that's not good!" Well, I was certainly up for some mandarin orange chicken salad! K knew our cab driver well, and said that he finally got to meet the "wife / girlfriend / whatever" - yay! Korey gave me a personal note he'd written, which meant a lot to me.

I went upstairs for the first time on Tuesday, telling someone that he had a phone call - wrong person, whoops. Had some Mini-Wheats in the kitchen, served Korey some cereal when I went back downstairs, let the dogs out into their pen in the backyard (I was stern - it went well), and fed the two cats some food since it seemed no one else was going to. (they mewed at me!) K talked to my mom on the phone too. Spent the day looking at AMERICAN IDOL video clips, discussing his cousins, listening to the noise coming from upstairs - his cousin's wife called from Thailand in the afternoon to see how things were going - K said they were going fairly well, even with the then-untidy condition of the kitchen! I even talked to her on the phone briefly, and that went all right - at least they're having a lot of fun already!

K mentioned that I'd fed the dogs and took out the garbage / recycling bags - I do try to make myself useful, heh! I used the computer briefly to see how much email I had (41 inbox messages) - I also noted that his friend Alison had added me to Facebook. I went upstairs to see what was going on. Leif offered me a shot of gin, so I downed it in one gulp - his friends Jesse and Carissa (only 17) were there, and thought this made me look like a pro since I did it without chaser. Hahaha... then Korey came up just in time to watch me take a second shot, which I knew was enough for me. Korey thought that now I loved the dogs! Haha, maybe! I admired Leif's coloring job on a sketch he'd done. K talked to Ryan and Alison, saying that I was getting a cough - I hope I don't make him sick! (I saw more Blog TV conversation - Mr. Crafty is hilarious, taking his shirt off!)

Wednesday, I got to talk to K's mom on the phone for the first time. That went fairly okay! Went to the kitchen to help Jesse tidy, and saw the mold fur on the rice that you see below - I threw away the OLD egg white containers! They both expired on January 21, and one even had the lid off! Listened to more music, watched AMERICAN IDOL, was treated to a (clothed) view of Mr. Crafty's ass, went on cam again for someone since she heard me laughing in the background at the entertaining conversation, and generally had a bit more fun. It probably helped that I didn't confine myself to K's room as much, haha. Went to Superstore to get a few things. Decided to lie down upstairs - the guys came back from outside, and we said hi. The environment downstairs wasn't suitable for sleep, since K was talking to people on Blog TV using a mic, listening to Britney / Christina (she's cool) / R&B. He wanted privacy while talking to Eric at 1 AM - no problem!

On Thursday, I talked to Jesse in the kitchen for a bit about math, welding, college, homework, the mess he was cleaning up, the dogs / cats, and some other stuff. It was good talking to him! Talked to K about some personal stuff, too. Went to the bus depot to catch a later bus, and was surprised when there was a phone call for me just before 6:30. Only one person knew I was there, so I wasn't surprised when K was on the other end - he wanted me to stay another night, even if he had dinner with Cory. I didn't mind (thinking that this is one way I can show that I love him), and was happy with the decision. He wanted me back for another night since he wanted to talk to me about some stuff. Watched AMERICAN IDOL (the top 12!), listened to some awesome guitar stuff upstairs, and of course fed the cats while composing a short grocery list. Went to Alicia's room to grab a pillow since K wanted his extra one - came across the brown cat, and some dog piss on the floor near the washer / dryer. Ew! The music last night seemed to consist of LimeWire downloads: TAINTED LOVE, WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN, I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING YOU, MICKEY, etc.

Today, I talked to Jesse about cleaning the fridge. Korey and I ran some banking / billing errands. It was good to spend some extra time with him. When I called Eric to make plans with him tonight, the volume on the cordless phone was set to low - I changed it to high since I couldn't hear a thing! K said that I could bring another CD / DVD for music play if I wanted to (when I suggested it) as long as "it doesn't sound like someone killing somebody else," and I don't think the language in the prank calls will annoy him. ;) [even if he thinks some of my music sounds like someone's killing somebody else, haha]

As per plans, I stayed at the Vancouver depot after the bus got in late due to traffic gridlock in Langley somewhere - 5:40 vs. 5:05 didn't matter much to me! Went outside at 7:10, and Eric was there almost immediately - of COURSE waiting in the rain all the time wasn't an option! He said "We're going to Cordova, princess" - nice intersection camouflaging! We talked about NOT beating Jeremy to Union Gospel Mission, Gastown, this week's doings, and other stuff. Joined our group in the rain for a tour of the facilities. It was fine enough, heh... briefly talked to Connie, Cindy, Andrea, and Jeremy.

The Richmondites drove home in the Dodge, and discussed perishables / the time change (early again!) / defenestration via answering machine / my computer not restarting randomly / plans. Got home and discovered 110 email messages and 50 spam messages - went to work on comments and catching up on the important stuff. Steph had called to say that we should go out for dinner sometime since we hadn't in a while - good idea! Talked to Zorron, confirmed the Sun Sui Wah location for tomorrow's birthday dinner for Grandma (Richmond - dropped off - inviting Auntie Kwai and Aaron?), emailed some Type O Negative to Corey (who has it already), and fielded a couple of phone calls from K. He was on his way home, and wanted to say "I love you" before his phone died - and wanted permission to tag the rice photo so Jae could see it since Facebook wasn't working! No problem! I'm not calling him back now since it's late and I should get to sleep myself!


I had some odd dreams this week, too. On Tuesday, I dreamed that my cousin Lillian was hugely pregnant, but my mom had to take her to the abortion doctor since she decided she didn't want the baby. Apparently, it was possible for this procedure to happen. Then I dreamed that my mom was the pregnant one over Christmas time, and we had to navigate a moderately busy airport with a confusing "Ukrainian toilet bathroom setup" and escalators galore. Finally, it was my sister's turn to fall pregnant - I blew gold dust into a chalice / ashtray, but it did no good for her. The next night, I dreamed I was a MARIO character, and jumped on the world-ending flag near the castle a billion times to get turtle shells and new lives. After that, I dreamed I was flying around in a video game world - crazy stuff. I even fell asleep on the way to Vancouver via Greyhound next to a little girl who sang along to HANNAH MONTANA on her iPod.





Explanation: I was at K's cousins' house this past week. His cousin A's friend Jesse was cleaning up the kitchen, and found this bowl of rice with FURRY MOLD! We decided to just throw the entire thing (bowl and all) away. When Jesse went downstairs to show this to K, he said that he puked a little in his mouth when he saw it! Jesse and I laughed and then went back upstairs to continue what we'd been doing. (reminds me of the time my old friend Keith's buddy trusted someone to look after things while he - the buddy - was gone... he came back to find maggots and flies crawling over an entire roast in the fridge since the electricity had been turned off!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home