Monday, March 03, 2008

Cancer is a vicious foe! / WitheredSalmon

RANDOM STUFF

1. So much for the computer not restarting on me... it did that while I was in the shower just now. Then again, maybe it was an automatic update - I hope it won't now begin to restart randomly a zillion times!

2, Jeff Healey died of cancer last night at 41 - he will be missed!

3. Ah, it's nice to be able to listen to Children of Bodom / Cradle of Filth / similar stuff again. I missed it! Thanks, C - you rock! Yay for finding the DVD in the Dead Milkmen CD case!

4. I don't mind certain things, but I should leave other things at home depending where I'm going! (yay for sanity!)

5. It's good to find old friends!

6. I got hit by WitheredSalmon!

I got hit by WitheredSalmon!

[12:54:44] WitheredSalmon: WTF?
[12:55:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: Let me guess - you got a message saying something along the lines of how you misspelled "nigger faggot" in your most recent post.
[12:56:04] WitheredSalmon: No.. I got something about "soon, my brothers.."
[12:56:13] WitheredSalmon: Just wondering how someone found this account.
[12:56:45] AlenaBrolxFlami: Ah... well, go look up the.missing.hat on LJ (take out the periods) then.
[12:57:03] AlenaBrolxFlami: You just updated your LJ, right?
[12:57:21] WitheredSalmon: Oh.. connected that stuff? Wow.. yeah.. I updated it a few moments ago.
[12:57:44] AlenaBrolxFlami: Yes... so did I.
[12:58:10] WitheredSalmon: So what does it show me posting as?
[12:59:27] AlenaBrolxFlami: The same as me, I'd imagine... WitheredSalmon.
[12:59:43] WitheredSalmon: Yup.
[13:00:07] WitheredSalmon: Wow.. I forgot this stuff still is going around.
[13:00:31] AlenaBrolxFlami: You have been hit before by the salmon?
[13:00:46] WitheredSalmon: Not by salmon. But by several others.
[13:01:52] AlenaBrolxFlami: The hatbots?
[13:01:57] WitheredSalmon: Yup.
[13:02:28] WitheredSalmon: It's odd... this is the first time in a while I've been visited with one of these.
[13:03:46] AlenaBrolxFlami: This is something entirely different than the hatbots... and I've been visited by the salmon five times now.
[13:04:13] WitheredSalmon: Oh really? Something more evil in its intent, or still as harmless as the hats?
[13:05:06] AlenaBrolxFlami: Hmm... the salmon monitor this conversation, so I advise you to add the aforementioned community to your friends list and read through the posts.
[13:05:32] WitheredSalmon: Wow.. that kinda bothers me on so many levels.
[13:05:34] AlenaBrolxFlami: The people there don't think it's malicious, but it's something different in nature.
[13:05:53] AlenaBrolxFlami: That this is potentially being monitored? Yeah, I know what you mean.
[13:06:27] WitheredSalmon: Are you using straight AIM.. or a secondary program like Trillian?
[13:07:38] AlenaBrolxFlami: I am using Trillian - yourself?
[13:07:48] WitheredSalmon: The same.
[13:08:52] AlenaBrolxFlami: I just got Windows back, so I'm happy to use Trillian - Linux did have Pidgin Instant Messenger / GAIM, but it wasn't the same for some odd reason.
[13:10:05] WitheredSalmon: I've always used some form of Windows.
[13:10:21] WitheredSalmon: Man.. this weather is just too warm for me today.
[13:12:24] AlenaBrolxFlami: Ah, my Windows crashed on me and the hard drive was apparently too borked to recover stuff from, so a friend set me up with Linux from mid-September to last week.
[13:12:36] AlenaBrolxFlami: How warm is it? It's raining here.
[13:13:30] WitheredSalmon: Upper 40's.. snow is still on the ground. Crap is going to turn to ice as temps are supposed to drop. Guess we have a chance for snow tomorrow night.. talking about another Michigan Snowmaker.
[13:15:41] AlenaBrolxFlami: My brother's friend tells me that Michigan is really bad for snow - here in Vancouver (BC), nobody knows how to drive in the snow since we get so comparatively little of it.
[13:16:34] WitheredSalmon: MI can be bad for snow. We got hammered a few weeks ago with 17 inches here in the Saginaw area.. I was unable to drive for two days.
[13:18:10] AlenaBrolxFlami: Yikes, that sounds really awful!
[13:19:13] WitheredSalmon: Not as bad as it could have been. I probably could have driven my Lumina van because I had about 30 lbs. of Legos in the back. But even the fire crews were getting stuck.
[13:22:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: Yeah, true. But if the fire crews were getting stuck, it still sounds bad to some extent. Thirty pounds of Legos? Why so much?
[13:23:23] WitheredSalmon: I do a giant church out of Legos. I was keeping it in the van at the time because I needed the room in the apartment.
[13:24:56] AlenaBrolxFlami: Hey, that sounds neat! Reminds me of the inflatable church, and other Lego creations that I've heard of over the years.
[13:25:33] WitheredSalmon: Here is the link to the work. Let's hope the salmon lets it pass.
[13:27:01] AlenaBrolxFlami: Yup, I see the link. I think they only delete real screen names and then block you if you appear to know too much. (let's hope they let THIS pass!)
[13:28:06] WitheredSalmon: They did, which is nice.
[13:29:29] WitheredSalmon: I even have a picture of me in that link. Though perhaps not the best one that I have.
[13:30:02] AlenaBrolxFlami: It's good they let it pass. Thanks, Mr. (Mrs.?) Salmon!
[13:30:36] AlenaBrolxFlami: Looks like you've been doing this for a number of years - very impressive!
[13:31:06] WitheredSalmon: Yes, I have. The pictures show only the public display ones. Project 08 took me almost 5 hours to break down.
[13:31:28] WitheredSalmon: I'm just a typical 30-year-old guy who has a lot of time on his hands.. LOL.

Then we talked about other stuff - very nice random part to the afternoon! :D


Edit: The pirate speak / rainbow colors have struck!

[14:17:57] AlenaBrolxFlami: Ah. Best to stay away from them then.
[14:18:28] WitheredSalmon: I usually have that guy on iggy.. but fer some reason he used a new ID on me. I were showin' off me Lego work in th' room again an' that be wert set him into over drive. ...ARRRRRRR!
[14:19:03] AlenaBrolxFlami: Ah, the pirate speak has struck.
[14:19:15] WitheredSalmon: Uh oh. ...ARRRRRRRRR!
[14:19:34] WitheredSalmon: Yer color went from blue.. ter rainbow.
[14:21:29] AlenaBrolxFlami: Yes, that's what has happened to others who have been hit by the salmon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Thank you for posting this. I was hit by WitheredSalmon this morning, though I had NO idea what was going on. The girl I was talking with had no idea either. I did a google search for "AIM WitheredSalmon" and your entry was the only item found. So, thank you for this.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 5:47:00 AM PST  
Blogger Flami said...

Hey, you're welcome... glad to have been of help. :)

Saturday, March 8, 2008 at 1:34:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home