Sunday, February 17, 2008

Melia's AUNT gave her the raciest gift?!

Got to Melia's for the bridal shower, and had to write my best memory of Melia into a scrapbook: she had to guess who write what. Too bad that my handwriting is instantly recognizable! (I wish I had a scrapbook like that, but then I keep myself aloof from everyone for a reason these days! :P) Uncle Alfred dropped Auntie Maggie off, and Steph joked "There's a MAN in the house! There's a MAN in the house!" Hahaha, I bet he was confused! Played a few games, which involved questions about Melia / Melia guessing what Angus said about her / making a veil out of toilet paper, tissue, glitter, and ribbon (I contributed double-sided tape to my group's effort: yay for being prepared!) - good times. Becky looked great in the "outfit" ("how are you sticking the things to me without tape?!" "we have it!"), Danielle had balloons for her butt, and the other girl had "flowers" on her veil. Steph said I could give Melia a "CELEBRATE LOVE" book - good idea. Tried some of Auntie Kathy's peanut butter Rice Krispie squares: there were a LOT of snacks, in addition to the AMAZINGLY light egg white cake! (it was SO light that we could have eaten the entire cake without feeling gross!) Took some home, and triple-bagged my staples while throwing my non-working stapler into the garbage.

I helped Grace by loaning her a Sharpie so we could write our names on the plastic cups. Calla (who was two minutes from home) made a LOT of lemon cookies, Danielle LOVED the cubed cheese, and we talked to Winnie about pregnancy. She definitely doesn't look like a woman who's less than a month away from giving birth! (her due date with her son is March 9-ish, and says Colin is an Irish name) She could tell with Megan that the head was low, and she delivered her last baby recently - she's a doctor, and her patient was asking her if she was okay since she had a cramp! Too much pressure on bladder = wanting to go pee all the time! Cindy had totally lost her voice - she wants to take voice lessons from Jon in how to project it... good idea. Grace was having trouble finding the correct word to describe Jon and Jeremy's feelings on the whole Darfur genocide issue, so I supplied it for her: "Passionate?" "YES! That's the right word!"

Michelle said that she'd put all the pictures on Facebook, and Calla wondered what would happen if you didn't have it - eh, she'll figure something out. Asked Michelle if she'd gotten enough sleep: definitely not! I got some Smarties, the aforementioned snacks, and the candy favors - good thing this was so close to Valentine's Day since Melia's favorite color is pink. She got some cool presents: plate sets, a coffeemaker, tea sets, a personalized towel set, lingerie (AUNTIE KATHY?!), and more! Saw Phil later after we'd mingled when things were finished - it was cool, haha.

Danielle drove me to Nathan's, dropping Vanessa off first. As soon as we got into the car and she turned on the radio, I heard a familiar song: it turned out to be Buckcherry's SORRY.. That made me think of K since he likes it for us. When we saw Joe Sakic Way, I said that Melissa had wanted a picture of that. True, but the street's pretty short unlike Wayne Gretzky Way in Edmonton! (it's a MAJOR street there!) I remember Belinda knew someone at school who was his third cousin. Danielle and I talked about sleeping, work, seeing her brother, MSN, her uncle's funeral, her relatives thinking Citrus' name is Sytroos / Cyrus / Curtis, my mom saying that Danielle is her favorite (then quickly rectifying that to "one of my favorites" when she saw everyone else around), and the amusement my sibs and I get from our mom and grandma! (tentacles as testicles, Jeremy "not being at church," name confusion, etc.) Now the movie's about to start, so gotta go!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home