Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sure it's hard, but we deal with it!

I waited in the rain for seven minutes; when Eric showed up, he expressed amazement that I was reading in the intense rain. Eh, the ink hopefully wouldn't run down the page! Discussed the traffic and what I supposedly did to make it stall on the entrance to the bridge - NOTHING, I TELL YOU! I told him a bit about yesterday's dinner, and sympathized as his radio went in and out. Asked what I should do about the birthday speeches - I thought it had to be perfect (darn my OCDL tendencies!), so he gave me a formula to use. He told me that he'd found his blue water bottle in his car - oh good, since I'd forgotten about it possibly being in the basement a while back! Discussed SIMPLY CRAP, imagination, MARIO music, Dylan and defenestration, exsanguination, plus more.

Said I was going to have Pho as dinner, while he said he'd have his lunch since he had breakfast at lunchtime. When I went to Pho, he called my name, wanting a spring roll. No problem - just give me the money, and I'll get you one! Good thing it was very quiet at Pho (unlike the last time I was there) - I found I needed the solitude so that I could collect my thoughts before Fellowship! The waitress even knew what I wanted for myself before I ordered it, and complimented me on the blue beret - sweet stuff, for sure!

Went to the basement, where I talked to Calla / Grace / Martin while reading about the Hillside Strangler. Discussed Lent and chocolate, Melia's bridal shower, the rain, the Sunday Dinner / Darfur documentary, and more. Wondered where Steph was once it got to be around 7:45 or so, and whispered to Cindy (during worship) that I'd call her - I got no answer! We had to resit because Dylan forgot about the birthday speeches, or I was too shy to go up by myself. (yes, I need to get over that fear / inhibition!) Hmm... I kinda wished that K were there, but knew it couldn't be.

I told Eric that my first official Committee duty in front of the Fellowship wouldn't be perfect after all, but he assured me that it was my sister's fault and not mine. He helped me to see the positive by saying that we got an extra impromptu speech courtesy of Chung. Dylan wasn't supposed to be here - he was supposed to be with his parents in California meeting his brother's Romanian girlfriend - but wanted to look for a new job instead. Good thing, since apparently some bad stuff went down on the first night they were there! At least we got some people to sign the Fellowship birthday cards too, by the end of the night!

Jeremy and Dylan's friend Teresa L. showed up again, and I got her email address / phone number just in case she wanted to hang out sometime. (she asked the group in general about this, way after the nursery sanitizing project had been discussed) The only thing is that she lives near the Broadway Skytrain Station, but even that would be fine. We talked about Capers and her job - it'll be good to get to know her. Cindy is now officially a staff member at her school; how nerve-wracking! At least she got some reassurance when she most needed it about fitting in and such! We wondered where Jeremy was - no idea here!

Eric was going to return my debit card receipt to me, but I told him to wait on that since I was going to the washroom! It doesn't matter that I told him about it; we're such good friends that he hardly blinks an eye at that! (we even very occasionally touch on redrum in the most casual fashion, haha) Told my group that my jacket would be cumbersome on my way to the washroom, but that's a bit different. Stanley was in the basement, and it was after 10:30 - primo time for kicking us out, but he didn't. We knew what was up, haha... Stanley and I got water from the kitchen; discussed my Snoopy bling shirt and dragon bling necklace! (gold and silver!) On my way to get some paper towels, Dianne stretched her arm out and I happened to walk right in it; it's fine and she apologized.

Talked to Connie for a bit; Dylan was definitely talking to the wrong person about stuff when he first got to the church via Erin in 2000 or so! He and I had been sitting on the steps leading down to the washroom, and he said something about how he didn't want his birthday broadcast or even generally known - you aren't going to get that with ME, haha! Eric gave me back my money for the Fellowship birthday cards - no, I most certainly did NOT have a $20 bill around. I might get ten more because four extra ones just don't seem like enough to cover additional people becoming members and such. He was certainly surprised when he heard I'd bought 30 - hey, I thought it would cover the entire year! Just before we left, I told Chuck and Andrea that Korey had thought they were married already - they got a laugh out of it, as I thought they would!

On our way home, Eric asked what I'd done for Valentine's. I said that I'd told him about the dinner! He meant in the romantic sense with Korey - eh, we had a couple of phone calls, which was fine. Wondered if he'd sent me an ecard; no, but then I hadn't sent him one either! I'm not sure if he's the type to do that sort of thing, and I don't know what Eric thinks of it, haha. After discussing Lent, Eric asked if it was hard having him away: yes, it is; but we do deal with it! Steph called Eric's phone to talk to me, saying that she'd lost track of time at a co-worker's farewell party. She looked at the clock to discover that it was 9! The main thing is that she's okay, and I just sent Cindy an email to that effect. Hey, Billie's started a Facebook Scrabble game with me - sweet! Mel and Frances' new baby is named Micah: that's one of the names they were considering originally, along with Melissa if it were a girl. Nice choice! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home