Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hon's has bubble tea now?! Yay, birthday dinners!

I decided to debut my blue-green (turquoise?) beret from Auntie Catherine in September 2006 - it matched my sister's Helly Hansen jacket, heh. Went to the townhouse at around 4:30 or so, and arrived at the same time as Mom did. Thank goodness Grandma didn't lock the door! There was this time that she DID - my sister arrived home and tried to gain entry. Eventually, she went to the 7-11 since she had to hang out somewhere for half an hour or so - yes, she was very annoyed. :P

Did some email upkeep before we left again for Hon's and the family birthday dinner for my sister, and my eyes thanked me for the mini-break they're having from Korey's Netspeak, haha. Mom gave me some lucky money from Auntie Kwai - yes, I *know* enough to thank her even when she's not wealthy! *rolleyes* Got my sibs to sign Martin's birthday card; when my parents asked who it was, we said that he was kinda new-ish (known him over a year?) and that we quite liked him. He and Raymond are good additions, that's for sure. All of us are grateful for them!

Talked about Dylan, age, apologies, Yazmine, Evites and Eric ("does he have plans?!"), "should" vs. "should not," stupid assumptions, SLB on Thursday, last year's family birthday dinners for Steph and Grandma (Paterson Restaurant!), our great-grandma (she liked wrestling!) dying on Grandma's birthday (about three weeks from now), the old superstition where you don't celebrate after the birthday, and more. Grandma's way of showing she cares is kind of amusing: "Give the men some meat! Maybe I'll take my grandson to Bo Kong! Some of the dishes there are REALLY EXPENSIVE!" Also discussed duck, scallops, exercise, crunchy bird's nest, broccoli overkill, diabetes, clogging arteries, the messy twins at the next table, tall Chinese people, Chinese New Year food, lunches and dinners out, etc. Steph does have a busy week ahead, that's for sure! Gave her the wedding MC book so Joey can look at it too, which she thanked me for - Dad thought it was only for the best man, hahaha.

Saw iPearl, which is apparently Hon's new bubble tea place - it is SO small, and right by the frozen potstickers and other stuff for sale! Jon joked that we could go there after Long's on Thursday, but we might take up practically all the room with only three tables. Asked him if he'd received Eunice's reply - he had, and thought "how dare you hold SLB outing on your annual singles night?!" was funny. She can't make it since she's going to the Minnesota game, but at least my spamming people's inboxes got her to do the same! Got home at 7:25, and found out that Mel and Frances have had their baby boy - he's SO CUTE! :D

I just got a weird phone call from Hong Kong via a 604 number - how very bizarre. o_O















You are most like:


Laid Back

You are easy to please as long as your special someone is around. But don't forget that a touch of romance is always appreciated.


 

Take this quiz: What kind of boyfriend or girlfriend are you?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home