Saturday, February 09, 2008

Chinese New Year of the Rat (4705): Fortune cookies!

Henry said he was at my place at 3:35, and I allowed myself just enough time to post a couple of things before leaving - thank goodness the posts were already composed! At Awana, almost everyone had mouse ears on; I had the thought that I should have brought the toy rat I inherited from one of the teens via my sister. That scared Auntie Vivian when I brought it in November 2006, haha. (Jeremy had thought it was sweet, of course) Jason said that Amos was studying online biology, and Andrew was sick; he amused himself by painting whiteout on some staples, and by cutting a tape roll. Auntie Vivian got mad at him and Golden for that: she knows it wasn't me, and I could tell because she was speaking in Chinese when Jason denied it.

Eric was dressed up as a big block of yellow cheese: "EAT ME! I AM DELICIOUS! KRAFT CHEESE! SWISS CHEESE! CHEDDAR! PROCESSED CHEESE!" The kids got to try the box on after things were pretty much done. Awana games were "mouse" themed: Mousetrap, Steal the Cheese, and a modified version of Shipwreck! (feta, cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, Swiss) People had to help the box up from the floor, haha. (Jason asked me what "Shipwreck" was from - the original version of the game, haha) Chris, Danny, and Sabrina tried to hold Henry down so they could draw whiskers on him with marker; Emily told me that she couldn't tell Heyman and Johnny apart when they weren't together, and I can sympathize. The kids seemed to have fun, and I got to take some of their fortunes home. (they had candy, fortune cookies, and nacho Doritos for a snack after Awana and Valentine's Day cards)

Gave Henry a birthday card, which he termed "sweet" until he saw my sister's "muscleman" drawing... even my brother told him (in the card) not to be ashamed of hairy legs, haha! Went home with Henry and Sabrina bantering all the way. He apologized to me when the conversation turned to how he needed to get a girlfriend even if he wasn't ready for one ("you promised you'd ask a girl out in front of me!"), but I didn't care - it was hilarious! (there's a reason why I was smiling and laughing!) Discussed Chris, height (5 foot 10), glasses, contacts, laser eye surgery, prescription, Edmond, Milestones / Earls / Sammy J. Peppers / White Spot (fajita salad) / Greek food, and how Henry's nieces would give you an instant decision in favor of burgers or pizza.

Also talked about tall Chinese people (Elaine and Yao Ming - whom my grandma saw on TV - certainly qualify!), French, sociology, Sabrina's toy poodle / Yorkie Onyx and Mocha (trying to separate them so they don't get too attached?!), translating "computer science," biology, history, calculus (she sucks at it), whether Bellinis are girly drinks (why is Henry in the mood for alcohol anyway?!), and more. Henry wished all the traffic would get off the road - Sabrina and I told him that he'd answered his own question (Saturday night?), and that everyone else had places to go too. Not that simple, dude!

Here are the fortunes I managed to grab - Henry noted the bad English on them. Not sure how well they'd work for the "... in bed" game, but we'll see!

1. Go for a holiday for cheering you up if you are too bored.
2. To learn a new knowledge would benefit your future development.
3. Don't forget your loved one's support in restoring your business. (Matthew: "I have a business, but I won't tell you what it is!")
4. In the new year, a little gambling doesn't hurt. (good thing this was mine, and not the kids' stuff!)
5. In the new year, be careful in your words. ("Be careful what you say, Andrew!")
6. A secret admirer will please you in a subtle way. (Stella, Meg, Samantha, and Zoe: "I don't HAVE a secret boyfriend! EWWWWW!")
7. Entertain more in new year holidays, for later you will be very busy.

Hmm. MAYBE #2 and #5... #3 and #6 might be stretching it. As for #7, that could be amusing, but also a stretch! #1 is the most hilarious, haha. Gambling in bed (#4) just reminds me of diseases or something... ew. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home