Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mmm, arsenic... how yummy! :P

Discussed poison, Scrabble on Facebook (Q words / scoring / QUIZ / getting rid of the popular application?!), and weird music on the way to church with my siblings this morning. Forgot to give them Martin's birthday card to sign, but I'll do that later. Said hi to Raymond, who talked to me about the "Guess the Canuck from his Jersey Number" Facebook quiz - I rather liked his colorful sweater, but didn't say so. Maybe on Friday, heh... speaking of sweaters, I should wear my Snoopy gold bling one on Friday (maybe Thursday), with dragon necklace or not) Talked to Hannah, Priscilla, and Natalie - the girls seemed to be divided on whether Rich had promised them candy yesterday or not, haha. During the sermon, Pastor John referenced a hermit named Arsenius (monasteries, anyone?), and I laughed to myself since it made me think of arsenic. Since Jeremy was right behind me, I wouldn't turn around and say it to him: I'd already waved and shared general amusement! Turns out that he'd noticed me laughing and wondered why, because he told me so when I finally was able to share that connection with him after service had ended! ("so THAT'S why you were laughing!") [other than Cordia, he's the only other person I know well enough to BELIEVE that they'll appreciate the morbid humor!]

Greeted Tony (who had two hours of sleep!) as I came down the ramp, and he told me that he faced a job-related dilemma: if he has to work on Sundays too, that'll absolutely kill him! As it is, he works overnight on Saturdays and then comes to church where he struggles to stay awake. Christon asked why he wouldn't quit... that's what he might do if it continues! (Tony = low man on totem pole, and everyone's more senior than he is) While I was talking to various people about tonight's dinner (and giving Sheena / Billy / Benjamin their birthday cards), Lily said that her daughter had something for me. Aww... it was a cute kiddy Valentine's Day card! Thanked Hannah (who looked so cute in her New Year's clothing), and then went back to discussing stuff with Brian / Helen / Nicholas. Nicholas wanted to see Jon's guitar, so Helen and I advised him of that fact. She's seen kids' guitars without strings for about $78, which is okay for something like that, but still expensive. The real thing DOES look much better than a toy, haha! We also asked Benjamin how old he was (Jon: "Are you five? Six?") - got no answer (Calla couldn't hear him say "two"), but I *did* hear him say "thank you" for the birthday card I gave him! Peeked in at baby Allison - she was sleeping this time, heh.

Saw Grace with a healthy bowl of things all mixed up together - Mike thought it didn't look so great after Sunday School, but I told him that it would all look that way in her stomach anyhow! (walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, honey, and more) After Sunday School, Amanda's dad took a picture of us - Rachel's grandma gave me some lucky money, which I thanked her for; she certainly didn't have to! Talked to Olivia, Adam, William, Lawrence, Darren (Isabel's brother), Stanley, Hien, Ethan, and some of the other kids. William had slipped on ice earlier in the week, and now needs crutches for six weeks. Stanley wanted to show Hien the "hat flaps" in my red knitted hat (Karmie liked it!), and then bug her about being as flimsy as paper. Olivia and Adam just complained about Law and their teachers saying something unprofessional / racist. ("You don't say anything against Chinese people when 95% of the class is Chinese!")

Went to tell Mom that Jon and I had lunch and probably needed the car afterwards, then said hi to the guys even if it was raining. Steph expressed dismay, but at least I got to hear about the "real wine / Communion" story! They all ordered a bunch of noodles because it was cheapest... good move, since dim sum can get expensive really fast! Then I went next door for the Sunday School lunch / Danielle's talk - caught up with Cindy and Chrystal, did interesting "no talk" exercises, and learned a bunch about kids. Jon and I talked to Danielle afterwards about her uncle's funeral which is on Valentine's Day (there goes her and Citrus' whole day - no SLB for them!), and helped people pack up.

Andrea made squash soup, got sandwiches from somewhere, and supplemented that with tiny mandarins - I peeled one using only my teeth, since it's not as messy that way! Later, Jon fielded phone calls to / from Eric (who's not going tonight since he's tired), Nathan, and Jeremy after "borrowing" bowls / plates / utensils from the church kitchen for dinner tonight. (Phil and Grace do NOT have enough settings for 15 people!) Now we're hanging out at Our Town coffee shop near Jeremy's / Kingsgate Mall... I went here once with Yazmine during Fellowship time YEARS ago. Mint Records, Georgia Straight, reading, news, coffee, cookies, covering my part for dinner and beer, favors, and more - yay for quiet stretches!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home