Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cask night at the Whip - WHITE and espresso stout!

Jon and I bused to the Whip after 4, meeting Jeremy and some other people there for espresso stout - CAFFEINE and Black Plague! Fred came along, and most of the discussion at the table (Dave, Brad, Adam, and Jillian were the others) centred around beer (festivals) / brewing / Dix. Jeremy commented later at Pho Thai Son that I must have been the most alienated, although they DID ask what I do. Yeah, but it's okay - I can just be quiet like I normally am when people around me discuss things I don't have a clue about, haha. I should have sat next to Jeremy and not left empty stools, since I was flanked by two other people who knew a lot about beer (I was under the mistaken impression that they were brewmasters) - at least I didn't have any stool mishaps as happened once! After that, the three of us walked to Pho Thai Son to have dinner and meet Nathan. We discussed Pastor John's sermon - pride / seven deadly sins and blocking one out - we must have problems with anger, then! (lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride)

Went to Nathan's, where we discussed stuff on Wikipedia while saying hi to Isabel in her room. Nate said that his dad had a steak for him, so that's why he only ordered egg soda and spring rolls at Pho - sounded good to us! We watched WHITE, which is about a man attempting to get his ex-wife back. Very interesting movie, to be sure - stolen luggage, a new friend referring to himself when he said someone wanted to kill himself, signs and endings, getting mojo back when successful (crude analogy), etc. I noted that Jeremy's head was on my jacket where I'd placed it on top of Nate's couch, but I didn't mind. Shared amusement and grins, and I know this is a friendship I'll treasure! Watched bits and pieces of ROBOT CHICKEN, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, and other random stuff while browsing Nate's bookshelves - lots of commentaries on Isaiah / Matthew and such. Jon had this priceless advice for a student: "Be like me, but don't really!" (haha - Nate and I were most amused!) Looked up movie analysis later, and left after Jeremy did - Jon and I kept up a good pace walking from Nathan's to the King Edward bus stop! At least I made it home before midnight, and it wasn't raining like it was last week!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home