Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chasing kids can be FUN!

Went to church and discussed things with my family - then saw Eric T. carrying a bag of clothes, which he joked was garbage (laap saap) - oh my! (really for a clothing drive) Saw Ron and Veronica at church, so talked to them for a bit after saying hi to the kids and getting some water. Jon pointed out Nathan and Stanley on the worship team, whom they both recognized. Introduced the Richmond people to them (Ivan, his brother Nathan who beat Darren at Wii Boxing, Sam, his brother Jeremy), and joked with Joey that he was used to Jon beating him up. I sat in my more-or-less "usual" seat, and Karen introduced me to her boyfriend Lincoln. Said hi to Calla while noting that Jeremy was drumming - at least Daniel didn't have to fill in like he did last week? It was cool to have the different experience, though! The sermon was very good, on pride and certain other moral failings. Afterwards, I said hi to Christon and asked Jon about Dallas - nobody had seen him in a while!

Talked to Jeremy, Andrea, Helen K., Nicholas, Calla, Raymond, Martin, and others outside about random cooking / rice (a 40-pound bag on Jer's bike?!) / pasta as a staple / the garbage smell from the bin, which Jer had to move because of cars coming in to park. (we also saw Eric's mom in a wheelchair - she definitely needed the ramp!) Jeremy grinned at me and asked whether I'd heard about Jon's latest "escapade" in lieu of an actual Sunday Dinner: nope, but if he asked, I'll be there! It involved another cask night at the Whip, with espresso stout. Sounded very interesting, for sure! Apparently, we'll watch White at Nathan's later - even I've heard of the THREE COLORS Polish movies! (I think I watched one of them in a long-ago college French class) Said hi to Michelle C. and assorted others before heading off to Sunday School. Auntie Fonda told me about former employers trying to make her cheat / change scanned documents with Photoshop / her daughter Vivian being at ECBC now with comfortable friends.

Later, I saw Stanley and Hien trying to beat each other over the head - I think Stanley would win since he's taller than she is by a fair bit! Then I had fun chasing Noah around the basement - he tried hiding from me, but I knew just where he was. Don't worry; I knew he wasn't scared since he was laughing while we both dodged people - his sister Hannah told him to go with her a bit later, while I asked their brother Josiah how reffing was. Good thing he likes it! Said hi to Ryan, Darren L., Ethan, Gwyneth, Eric N., Louisa, Edward, Rosanna, and other kids while offering them jelly sticks: seeds, playfighting, and such - oh my! Gwyneth's mom has found a sitter for the kids - yay for Charis! When Teresa asked her daughter who'd given her the jelly stick, Gwyneth pointed at me and said "she!" Of course I have a name, haha: Ethan and Gwyneth both thanked me for the candy, while Ryan showed self-denial in letting his brother have the stick instead. (I only had two) Went outside and talked some more about cooking / baking / measurements with Calla / Jeremy / Jon. Almost scared Danielle, and went to Louis Garden with my family. Decided to go with Jon for the rest of the day, so hung out at Bump and Grind coffee shop on Commercial. Busing won't be that bad if there are no escalators involved, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home