Thursday, January 17, 2008

Teunis sick, dumplings, Christmas Doxology, and sudden death!

Note: Dysfunctional LJ Family / LJ friends' secret love life / LJ friends on the set of Grey's Anatomy / LJ Romeo and Juliet blogquizzes. (by Kirei, Cami, and Katie)


Note to self: Do NOT put Blogquiz results in Tomboy Notes - the application seems to have a problem with that amount of HTML (or a large amount of text in general) while copying / deleting.


Man, I had a crazy dream last night... it started out with Sam, my sibs, Teunis, assorted friends, and me hanging out at Sam's place. Sam asked me how K was, and I said that he was fine - he was stuck working! We were supposed to go eat later in a school cafeteria, but decided to play with Lego instead. Suddenly, Teunis got sick, so we drove him past a brick building with "Urgent Health Care Centre" written on the glass doors in white type. We glanced at him to see how he was feeling, and asked whether he'd like us to go in there with him. He said he didn't need those services, since he felt he could wait it out at the regular hospital. As the one who knew him best, I was wiping his flushed forehead and his matted red curly hair, trying to provide some small measure of comfort. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand in appreciation - I told him not to talk too much, to which he grinned. Always the goofy, mischievous one... :D

After we got to a hospital, we waited there with Teunis until Sam mentioned that we'd be late for the cafeteria meal. I wanted to stay behind, but knew I had things to do at the church afterwards. Teunis understood, and hugged me gently in farewell... luckily, Sam said he'd stay behind. In the elevator, my siblings said that they'd get him a gift - good idea. In the cafeteria (which was near an ocean), I met Josh / Joyce / Tony / others. When the dumplings and noodles came around, most of my table had gone off to socialize. Tony and I knew we couldn't eat eight portions between us... maybe if Joyce were there, but she was halfway across the room! So we got the waitress to pile the extras on her tray and put the portions in the freezer for now.

Later, we went to church, where it was Christmastime. Jon was leading a combined worship at 7:30 AM, and Jeff was playing the piano. They were using HYMNS FROM THE FAMILY OF GOD, and included a lot of carols / a presentation in the service. Even the old ladies were getting into it! Jeff didn't need a page-turner, which was pretty good what with a long and involved score for a cantata and festive songs. Elaine M. got to close the service with the Doxology and benediction, even though she wasn't even close to being a pastor! People asked where Sam was, but I explained the circumstances. At 8:30, a bunch of other old people streamed in, and we decided to overlap services - good times.

Went downstairs, where Auntie Tracy said that Wilson had drawn something for Auntie Monica's birthday - it was a typical kid drawing with felt and crayon randomness. I met up with Cindy, who seemed to be sad over something. We checked out the toddler room, which was empty. Usually, Danielle and baby Anne would be in there, but maybe they were busy! Then we played with the kids, and helped with their Sunday School stuff. That is where the dream ended. No idea why I had it, as usual... it couldn't JUST have been Cindy's email last night about the sudden death of a teacher friend! Crazy subconscious!


Yay... the water here doesn't work properly. Wonder what's up with THAT!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home