Saturday, January 19, 2008

We crack up on sleep deprivation!

Was way too tired last night to blog anything when I got home, so that's why you're getting Friday night adventures now. It's a change, haha. At least the edge is taken off my "totally dead" sleepy feeling!


After taking a quick shower, I was out of here - I decided to go to Great One to get some Gummy Choco (strawberry / orange / muscat grape) and some gum... spicy cinnamon, hypermint, watermelon / spearmint, pink, twisted green, and wild winter! Then I took the next bus to "my second-favorite intersection" - I was surprised when I heard my brother's voice telling Stanley that he had to pay an extra fare! Jon, Isabel, Julie, Mike, Danielle's cousin Kevin, Tony, and Stanley were on that bus to go to their hot pot outing on Garden City. My brother phrased it as "I have to be these guys' bus chaperon because they're scared of taking the bus in Richmond, haha." Oh, the plight of the Richmondite! Stanley denied that, while Mike said that it was always weird seeing people you knew on the bus when you weren't expecting it! Too true... will have to ask Mike in a few hours how it all went! Jon and I spent the ride talking about my outing with Grandma - it was okay, except for her thinking that the 407 stops anywhere and everywhere, even at stops where service was discontinued years ago! Sure, I miss the days when the 400-Richmond buses were routed through Vancouver too, but that's a CHANGE and in the PAST! Ah, she's just getting very confused and even her short-term memory is going! They all got off before I did (Jon: "See ya, Sarne!"), and I noted to Jon that I was officially late - but no worries!

Eric almost forgot about Maisie, but remembered at almost the last minute. Talked about dinner, weekend plans, my fault for red lights, Pho (salad roll for me), creation, Bible verses, asking / words, mushiness, opinions, and other things - typical wacky ride, sorta. I was determined not to let the misspelling of "roughage" or the "track" instead of "digestive tract" ruin my night - Eric worked hard on the sharing program, and it showed. Thought about things, and smiled when Jeremy sat by me - he'd had a tiring week, too. (he had brief power naps, and I almost fell asleep while we prayed!) Told him about Grandma's thinking that he had a girlfriend when he was talking to Karmie last week - who is a pastor's wife, but is NOT Auntie Ruby, hahaha. He thought it was funny, too. (I had to explain how Grandma's mind works, haha)

Jeremy, Martin, Lesley, Connie, Cindy, and I thought the pun in the program was way too funny, possibly because we were all sleep-deprived... that DID make me and Jeremy crack up, along with others! ("What are your thoughts on excretion?" "Describe a SENSE OF RELIEF that you felt from confronting someone about their hurting you.") One of the icebreaker questions had to do with what really made us crack up, and Jeremy turned to me and said that he knows what makes me crack up - he knows me fairly well, so I should say so!

We talked about P.E., Nintendo DS, faith as a relationship and not a religion, emails, children, God in heaven, sleep deprivation, and more. The "different woman" Teresa asked us some odd questions that had nothing to do with our discussion: "Should I drink some water because seeing you guys drink some made me thirsty? Do you live with a roommate? (to Jeremy) Are you tall because you sleep a lot? (to Cindy, who thinks nutrition had more to do with it... I told Jeremy that this was the oddest question I'd ever heard her ask!)" We were trying to suppress out laughter, but weren't very successful. Martin overheard something about feather dusters from Steph, Jen, Raymond, and Karen - AIYA! NO SWISH! *scared*

Jen, Jeremy, and I talked about his alcoholic stewing hen - the brandy didn't really light on fire like it was supposed to, but instead got absorbed into the cheap wine and juices of the chicken. Very boozy chicken, for sure! Talked to Chuck for some time - his parents are in town for three weeks, he's busy with work, and our holidays were good. Nice to talk to him, and Andrea thinks I'm SO cute for saying that K and I have decided we're in love! At least she was able to spend some time with Elaine while she was in town!

On the way home, I discussed Grandma's confusion with Steph and Eric. Steph said that both her siblings are sleep-deprived because we stay up for a long time at night talking to our significant others. (Mom overheard Jon trying to sympathize with Harmony: "Aww... you only slept for two hours last night?") Eric said that Jon was also talking to her as he drove him home from Gastropods last night: midnight here is 3 AM there! (the $35 dinner may not be worth it if it's the same feeling as the $25 Dine Out meals!) I also touched on a certain situation - yeah, it's hard. But as long as the original incident and such isn't being brought up out of the past, I'll be fine: my mental / emotional health will be better for it. I do okay when there are just passing references to the person in question. :P







Which Tin Man Character Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Glitch

Even if he's missing half of his brain, Glitch is the most loyal and intelligent of the crew. He has a tendency to get into trouble, but his charm and wit will always rescue him.


Glitch


63%

DG


63%

Azkadellia


56%

Raw


50%

Cain


44%













In the World of Warcraft, you would be a Troll Shaman, and your professions would be Mining and Skinning.





What would your Race, Class, and Professions be in WoW?
from
QuizGalaxy.com











Your Soulmate's Name will Start with the Letter...
I

'What Letter Will Your Soulmate's Name Start With?' at QuizGalaxy.com


I knew there was a reason why I have a thing for the name Ian... ;)
But seriously, I know this is just a silly online quiz!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home