Sunday, November 11, 2007

EWWW! WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS, DAD!

On the way to church, my mom remarked that I'd do anything for free food, so I could pretend to be eligible for Jon and Phil's pizza party: uh, no. Got to service a little late, and managed to find room next to Jeremy. We laughed over Randal's announcement and commentary on Japanese culture: "Pokemon, Pikachu, sushi and eating raw fish isn't disgusting anymore, Japanese cars aren't cheap rustbuckets these days..." At least he didn't break out his "the Mission Conference dinner will be a cheap date!" line, haha. There was a point during Pastor John's sermon where he brought up our parents coming from Asia to make life good for us here, so I leaned over to Jer and joked that I didn't know his parents came from there! Haha, too amusing. The overhead projection wasn't working, much to people's chagrin, Luckily, we knew most of the words to our songs! At the conclusion of service, Jeremy asked me if it were raining outside. Since I could see a wet ramp, I assumed it was - when I went outside, I discovered that it wasn't - maybe it rained during service, but there were grey skies! Said hi to Erin's cousin Jason before heading out myself.

Saw Uncle Stephen, and asked whether he'd received my email - he had, and apologized again. Not a problem! Uncle Peter said hi, and I told him that I was all right - it's always good seeing uncles! Talked to Tony briefly before he had to jet and clean up his place before someone came over - he has to work tonight, eek! Saw Eunice and talked about her nephew (whom I didn't know about when Mom mentioned him) - apparently, he looks like a male version of his sister Avery. Waved to Brian and told Isabel that Christon was looking for her, then got caught up in a discussion about Abbotsford. Angus is going there for one month: when Jon asked if he were moving there, he said "No... we would never move to the other side of the bridge! Ask her! *taps Melia on shoulder* Hey, would we ever move to Abbotsford?" The "EW!" expression on Melia's face was priceless, haha. Nathan said that his Remembrance Day prayer took two hours to do, and I agreed with Jon that it was well-done. Sam and Ivan asked where my sister was, and Jon assumed she'd gone to the 7-11 already. (in reality, she and Tim were counting offering) I told them that they could call her later on for a ride to Fish on Rice. Lily's baby Hannah seemed interested in shiny things such as the sequins on my new shirt and the pins on various poppies. ("touch the flower! yeah!")

Eventually, we all went off to Sunday School (I briefly said hi to Maisie and Grace) - Frances and I waited to see if there would be any toddlers today. We talked about Mel's grandparents celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary, Anita's baby shower (Maxine's sister made a baby cake), brunch, our grandparents, her grandpa at Bon's, pregnancy and maternity leave / being clumsy / hard to get up and down, our small group projects, churches, etc. Did some thinking about last night - my pessimism is giving way, I guess. Lo and behold, Amanda arrived - we couldn't understand some of what she said, but she seemed to like the soldiers and mice. Haha, kids are amusing! (the guards with Peter were SLEEPING, and not sick!)

Talked to Andrew about the "awesome" soup kitchen yesterday, and overheard Henry asking his niece Gwyneth why she didn't do what he said. I had to ask him what he told her to do: "Attack people!" Haha, nice! She eventually went to terrorize Hilary and other girls while my sister came up to me and said she'd thought I wasn't going with them. Yes, I am - Eric's sick (I assumed he was here), and Jon was doing other things. Talked to Benedict briefly about midterms, then went to Mui's - of course we saw Gabriel and his family there! Vanessa doesn't want to do all-you-can-eat (good money-wise), Joshua blabs on about stuff that Steph can't understand (little kids!), how gravity effects on boobs aren't the greatest (WEAR A BRA!), had a discussion about caffeine consumption (yin-yang / coffee / tea!), and our parents are going to have lobster for dinner. (we had oysters for lunch!)

Dad managed to gross me and my sister out by this declaration: "Your mom and I are going to have some wine, and then have sex!" We should have SMACKED him for that! EWWWWW! There are some things we don't wish to think about, thanks! Good thing my sister and I went home separately so we could discuss that, Danielle seeing her handsome man in uniform at a Remembrance Day ceremony this morning (they'll be there tonight - we can look forward to Citrus rolling his eyes, haha!), Maxine being sick, nudists at the Newton Wave Pool (that's for KIDS!), Korey, saving money, concern, not disliking people, health, Eric, apologies, country music, working out, Cindy being at Becky's, childish family drama, sisterly affection, etc. Tried a Vanilla Bean Latte bar from Second Cup, which was quite good. I'll be wired tonight at the dinner and Melia's later, haha! (which is what I need, actually) Steph forgot that it was a stat holiday, or thought the community centres would do it on Monday, so didn't go exercise at Steveston or South Arm.

My parents have come home, and Dad thinks that Korey and I have nothing important to discuss on the phone ("Half an hour? Cheh... you don't need to be on the phone for THAT long!") - yes, we do... but you're not privy to it! Mom also referred to Korey as a "her," but that may have been accidental. She thinks that I can sleep over if I don't have to talk to him on the phone tonight - I have no idea, so we'll see. Maybe Seventh Heaven Café or California for lunch tomorrow. This just in: someone apparently invited Mom to use Facebook. HAHAHAHA! Sure, she could use it... but then she might get too easily confused! Steph just told her to delete the email, especially as she doesn't know who the person is. GOOD IDEA! (no kissy-kissy here! :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home